Menu icon Foundation
Magellan: Blinks on initial scroll

I'm using Magellan to keep my header at the top of the window when scrolling. Does anyone else get this issue where on the first initial scroll, Magellan blinks/flashes like its reloading?

Its really, really annoying. Anyone know what is causing it (or better yet) how to stop it from flickering?

Magellanscrolling

I'm using Magellan to keep my header at the top of the window when scrolling. Does anyone else get this issue where on the first initial scroll, Magellan blinks/flashes like its reloading?

Its really, really annoying. Anyone know what is causing it (or better yet) how to stop it from flickering?

Jordan Gonzales about 5 years ago

It also appears to only happen when using the scroll wheel of the mouse.

Rafi Benkual about 5 years ago

We tested this in Foundation 4 and 5 and cannot replicate. What browser/version?

Rafi, thanks for the response.

I'm using the latest version of Foundation for this project -- I downloaded it yesterday.

I just uploaded a sample preview to my soon-to-be website blog:

http://jordangonzales.com/ (Making decent progress with Foundation! :D)

It should flicker for you if you scroll with the mouse-wheel. The only thing I changed in Magellen is the padding (0px).

Edit: forgot to mention, I tested the flicker issues in both Chrome and IE 10.

Well, as an interim solution I'm just not going to use Magellan. Really bummed!

Anyone else run into this?

Russel Pryor almost 5 years ago

The most recent release of Magellan has new JS for a "throttle delay":

throttle_delay: 20 calculation throttling to increase framerate

Setting that delay to 0 caused my Magellan nav not to delay appearing as you scroll. With that 20 in there it was essentially delaying the appearance of the sticky giving it an appearance like it disappeared and then reappeared.

Not sure if this is referencing the same issue or not.