Menu icon Foundation
Changes to Settings.scss in Zurb 5

Hi
I started working with Zurb 5 and the '_settings.scss' file doesn't compile. The only way I to make it work is by adding it to the 'foundation.scss' file. When I did that some attributes override by the global.scss file down the pipeline.
In Zurb 4 it was pretty straightforward but now it's pretty difficult to change global settings such as "// $row-width: rem-calc(1000);"
Cheers
Micha

settings

Hi
I started working with Zurb 5 and the '_settings.scss' file doesn't compile. The only way I to make it work is by adding it to the 'foundation.scss' file. When I did that some attributes override by the global.scss file down the pipeline.
In Zurb 4 it was pretty straightforward but now it's pretty difficult to change global settings such as "// $row-width: rem-calc(1000);"
Cheers
Micha

Jeremy Englert almost 6 years ago

You should add it to your custom scss, many use app.scss, file. This is where all of your custom styles will live and allows you to update Foundation without overwriting any of your changes.

Micha Goldfine almost 6 years ago

Thanks Jeremy
I found the issue i had. there are 2 _settings.scss files and I worked on the wrong one.
I usually add my custom scss file at the bottom of the 'foundation.scss' file but I will move it to the app.scss file under the 'scss' folder.

Thanks.