Menu icon Foundation
Foundation and Shopify file structure

Hey everybody! Nathan emailed us with a question about a project using Shopify and Liquid Language. It's time to show off your knowledge!

--

Hi,

Im working on making foundation work with the Shopify e-commerce platform and Iv got a question about foundation.

Shopify requires all assets (including javascript ect) be stored in the same folder because of the way their CDN works apparently. This is messing with your lovely javascript, specifically the off canvas and orbit sliders.

I was hopping it would be a quick fix and I can tell foundation to look in the right place(ie the assets folder) but I was having trouble because the file I assume calls the dependencies (foundation.js) is minified.

If you could tell me where to look it would be greatly appreciated.

(btw foundation is awesome, thanks for all your hard work)

-Nathan

shopifyliquidjsminifyjavascript

Hey everybody! Nathan emailed us with a question about a project using Shopify and Liquid Language. It's time to show off your knowledge!

--

Hi,

Im working on making foundation work with the Shopify e-commerce platform and Iv got a question about foundation.

Shopify requires all assets (including javascript ect) be stored in the same folder because of the way their CDN works apparently. This is messing with your lovely javascript, specifically the off canvas and orbit sliders.

I was hopping it would be a quick fix and I can tell foundation to look in the right place(ie the assets folder) but I was having trouble because the file I assume calls the dependencies (foundation.js) is minified.

If you could tell me where to look it would be greatly appreciated.

(btw foundation is awesome, thanks for all your hard work)

-Nathan

Mark Hayes over 5 years ago

If you installed Foundation using our CLI the compiled JS/CSS files will be located here:

CSS
stylesheets/app.css

JavaScript
bower_components/foundation/js/foundation.min.js

However if you installed Foundation a different way please include a link to the code for your theme so we can better assist you in determining the correct paths, cheers!