Menu icon Foundation
A mild complaint regarding the menu system

IMHO the menu is one of the very most important parts of any website so flexibility and "mobileness" is very important. With that said I notice that your menu setup for the foundation site works differently than the menu system employed by the menu docs sections.

In particular the menu system up size reduction gives a hamburger icon and proceeds to have dropdowns that if they are a link just click to the next submenu and become clickable or not. is the class that comes up "non-click" responsible for this?

On the foundation site it doesn't work like this... every link is listed out to click and sub menus become and their children are all shown... which is the way it should work.

is their documentation on this? thanks.

Foundationmenumobile

IMHO the menu is one of the very most important parts of any website so flexibility and "mobileness" is very important. With that said I notice that your menu setup for the foundation site works differently than the menu system employed by the menu docs sections.

In particular the menu system up size reduction gives a hamburger icon and proceeds to have dropdowns that if they are a link just click to the next submenu and become clickable or not. is the class that comes up "non-click" responsible for this?

On the foundation site it doesn't work like this... every link is listed out to click and sub menus become and their children are all shown... which is the way it should work.

is their documentation on this? thanks.

Karl Ward over 5 years ago

What you are seeing in the Foundation docs, is the Offcanvas menu:
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/offcanvas.html

The offcanvas module is not really attached to the topbar menu in any way, which has its own method of responding to smaller screens. You can integrate them both though, by toggling them with the visibility classes based on current screen size ...

Both menus respond to mobile devices, and it is up to you how you use them. I tend to agree that Zurb/Foundation may need to reconsider their global approach to their menu modules and how they integrate.

Christian Matthias over 5 years ago

Thank you. I figured out it was the offcanvas thing...

That approach isn't too bad actually as mobile devices and phones should be able to handle this method nicely. The other topbar approach is not good at all as it is nowhere near touch first i.e. mobile optimized.

I feel and hope they refine the js of the off canvass system and incorporate more css animation for browser optimization.