Menu icon Foundation
top nav not responsive

hello- i downloaded a custom foundation build with the # of Columns set to 100 . Now the top nav bar is not responsive when i shrink the width of the screen down in my browser. the top nav menu just disappears. what is the deal? can a custom foundation build not handle 100 columns? should i go back to 12? anyone have this experience before? help! thank you!

topbarnavResponsivecustom buildcolumns

hello- i downloaded a custom foundation build with the # of Columns set to 100 . Now the top nav bar is not responsive when i shrink the width of the screen down in my browser. the top nav menu just disappears. what is the deal? can a custom foundation build not handle 100 columns? should i go back to 12? anyone have this experience before? help! thank you!

Justin Balesteri almost 6 years ago

I have not tried to use 100 columns. Not that I am criticizing, but why do you need so many columns? Could you not do it with possibly any lower number? I just assume that it has too many columns and is breaking.

Wing-Hou Chan almost 6 years ago

I would say the same as Justin and recommend that you go down to a lower number like 12.

Though a 100 column responsive grid is something I would like to see, hahaha. Do you have a link to that site?

Did you put your top-bar within a column? If you put it in a small column, then once you shrink it down the column is probably too small for the top-bar to fit.

Gary Blanchard almost 5 years ago

I have used 24 columns before which is double the normal amount of columns and the increments between them are more than enough. 100 columns is way less than 1% for each column. I don't think you could even fit a single font in that size.