Menu icon Foundation
Default appearance changed unexpectedly

I have a new install of Foundation 5 and I'm using Compass.app (GUI) to watch for changes. I made only one change, i.e., /scss/_settings.scss > $body_bg: #f00;

I changed the default background color from white to red, to test the compilation.

When I reloaded the page, I noticed all of the default styles appear to have reverted to Foundation 4 styling, i.e., fonts, buttons, etc. See the attached before and after screenshots. What happened and how do I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
Nathan

// We use these to control various global styles
   $body-bg: #f00;

Foundation 5a

Foundation 5b

upgradestylingstylessettings

I have a new install of Foundation 5 and I'm using Compass.app (GUI) to watch for changes. I made only one change, i.e., /scss/_settings.scss > $body_bg: #f00;

I changed the default background color from white to red, to test the compilation.

When I reloaded the page, I noticed all of the default styles appear to have reverted to Foundation 4 styling, i.e., fonts, buttons, etc. See the attached before and after screenshots. What happened and how do I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,
Nathan

// We use these to control various global styles
   $body-bg: #f00;

Foundation 5a

Foundation 5b
Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

Hi,

Have you made sure you set up the config.rb file?

The file paths should match you file names:
http://prntscr.com/2bvc8h

Nathan Cooper almost 6 years ago

I didn't make changes to it, but since this was a new install, does that mean the initial config.rb isn't setup correctly? Or is this a change that needs to be made in the Compass (GUI)? I thought it was interesting that the CLI works as expected and the GUI did not. At this point I'm simply curious why the behavior is different, as I've been using the CLI, which is simpler. Thanks for the reply.

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

Not sure how the GUI compass.app is handling the changes. Have you tried asking them?