Menu icon Foundation
Mimic prod build from source

I tend to pull down the latest and greatest from the master branch and build my own version from the source. However, I have noticed that when I run `grunt build` the version that gets build is slightly different then the packaged version the you get from the official download.

I was hoping someone could fill me in on what I am missing so that when I build from the master branch, it looks like the resulting CSS form the official download.

Gruntbuild

I tend to pull down the latest and greatest from the master branch and build my own version from the source. However, I have noticed that when I run `grunt build` the version that gets build is slightly different then the packaged version the you get from the official download.

I was hoping someone could fill me in on what I am missing so that when I build from the master branch, it looks like the resulting CSS form the official download.

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

Hey Joe, what seems to be different?

Joe Workman over 5 years ago

Scratch that... It looks like the discrepancies that I was seeing were actual bugs that someone has now fixed. I was seeing a ton of vendor prefixes completely removed.

At some point, someone went gang busters on vendor prefixes in the CSS. This broke a ton of stuff! I looks like a lot of the issues that I was seeing have been resolved.

Yes, we fixed that the same day. Let us know if you find anything else!

Joe Workman over 5 years ago

So I just did a fresh build from master... Just looking at the CSS, foundation.css is 4728 lines of code. However, in the official 5.2.2 download of foundation.css, there is 5264 lines of code.

I would expect potentially a few lines different since there have been extra commits since 5.2.2 launch. However, 500+ lines seems way off.

It does sound high. We'll take a look.

Hey Joe,
We tested a few builds today with the CLI. They all had 4739 lines of code as did the default download on the site. All the downloads come form here https://github.com/zurb/bower-foundation/blob/master/css/foundation.css

To be sure, we went through line by line.

Not sure what happened. Let us know if you see any discrepancies moving forward.