Menu icon Foundation
Can I just drop foundation 5 into a Django project?

Hi all,

I am here merely because I can't get a straight answer to my scenario (which I guess many face). I have setup a Django project, got it working and ready for development, but at the same time I want to develop the front end too, meet Foundation 5, lovely, but how do I put it in?

I've come across a python (django) add on (django-zurb-foundation-5.1.1), thats cool, but how is that better than when one could just get Foundation 5 and drop the filed into correct directory in the django app?

And whats this bower thing about? Is it necessary? (I hate the nesting of package management with web development, I know why it's there, but my goodness).

So CAN I just drop the Foundation files into the project, if so, where, or how should i structure my project? from the root directory of it?
Do I need any additional add ons outside of Foundation for any of the .js files to work? Or is it just plug and play? I have node.js installed.

Thanks in advance!
Dei

django

Hi all,

I am here merely because I can't get a straight answer to my scenario (which I guess many face). I have setup a Django project, got it working and ready for development, but at the same time I want to develop the front end too, meet Foundation 5, lovely, but how do I put it in?

I've come across a python (django) add on (django-zurb-foundation-5.1.1), thats cool, but how is that better than when one could just get Foundation 5 and drop the filed into correct directory in the django app?

And whats this bower thing about? Is it necessary? (I hate the nesting of package management with web development, I know why it's there, but my goodness).

So CAN I just drop the Foundation files into the project, if so, where, or how should i structure my project? from the root directory of it?
Do I need any additional add ons outside of Foundation for any of the .js files to work? Or is it just plug and play? I have node.js installed.

Thanks in advance!
Dei

Jorge Encarnação over 5 years ago

For what its worth, this is the way I integrate Foundation with Django:

Start a new django project.

Inside, I start a new foundation project with a random name.

I cut the folders and files from foundation and put them in the mainApp folder of my project.

Update my config.rb file with the new paths.

Nicolas Lemoine almost 5 years ago

Hi there,

I just started to play with Django and I have the same concern as DEI SH.
This topic is about 7 months ago, but please DEI SH, could you tell me if you succeed to setup Foundation in Django?
I found many interesting stuff over the web but I would like an easy way, step by step explained to do it.

I'll do a blog post on that topic once I'll find the proper way. There is this git resource, but once bower is installed, I don't know what to do :) https://github.com/nvbn/django-bower

Thanks for your help.