Menu icon Foundation
How to Integrate Orbit with Wordpress?

How can I integrate Orbit slider with Wordpress so that clients have the ability to upload new images? I understand how to insert Orbit onto a page using HTML, but my clients are not HTML savvy. Is there a plugin that will make the editing process easier for them?

I'd also like to know how to build a content slider using Orbit that rotates the latest posts from a Wordpress blog. Is there an easy way to do that? Would I just wrap the below PHP in the Orbit code?

P.S.- I should mention that I am using Reverie 5 (a Wordpress theme that integrates Foundation 5).

<?php wp_get_recent_posts( $args, $output ) ?>

wordpressOrbitsliderimagesfeatured postsplugin

How can I integrate Orbit slider with Wordpress so that clients have the ability to upload new images? I understand how to insert Orbit onto a page using HTML, but my clients are not HTML savvy. Is there a plugin that will make the editing process easier for them?

I'd also like to know how to build a content slider using Orbit that rotates the latest posts from a Wordpress blog. Is there an easy way to do that? Would I just wrap the below PHP in the Orbit code?

P.S.- I should mention that I am using Reverie 5 (a Wordpress theme that integrates Foundation 5).

<?php wp_get_recent_posts( $args, $output ) ?>

Gary DICKELMAN over 5 years ago

The Wordpress "Customizr" template includes an orbit slider.

badcat design over 5 years ago

I recently found this link using Orbit and Advanced Custom Fields.
http://ajy.co/web/easy-peasy-wordpress-carousel-using-foundation-orbit/

I wish there was a prebuilt (and supported) plugin that did this and perhaps even offered a more "all content, posts etc" (AnySlider) approach.

James Hammack almost 4 years ago

I'm a little while in making this but I created a plugin to do this. It makes Slides a custom post type, gives options for a url attached to the slide, and allows for captions. It even includes a short code. I haven't put it up on github yet, but if I get a response here, I'll throw it up for you guys. I'm turning it into a pro feature for some themes that I'm building.

badcat design almost 4 years ago

@James Hammock - Sure, I'd love to see what you've come up with. Are you also building Zurb Foundation specific themes? Or would the Orbit Slides plugin work also work with non-Foundation based themes too?

Yes, Foundation specific, but working on a standalone as well. A working example is http://westendaliceville.com.

badcat design almost 4 years ago

Love it.

Awesome, thanks! Pretty excited to build the thing. I currently haven't experienced anything out of the norm with Orbit. So that's good. I'm sure something will come up at some point though.

Hmmm...a content slider...I can do that as well. Looks like I have a pet project for the next several weeks. I'll get this on github Monday or Tuesday.

Jay Thornton about 3 years ago

@James Hammack. Do you have any updates on this content slider? Very interested in your progress.