Menu icon Foundation
Drop down not working in IE8

Hi All

Although I am aware that IE8 is not officially supported in Foundation 5, we have a large user base that come to our site in IE8.

I have seen that others have posted that switching to jQuery 1.x works for them (tried both jQuery 1.11.0 and jQuery 1.9.1), but I am still seeing issues with the f-dropdown (as in it doesn't work at all).

On (I'm assuming) init I get an error in IE8:

Line: 221
Char: 9
Code: 0
URI: http:/blah.blah.com/foundation.min.js

This is the last return statement in the init_lib function within the window.Foundation = {}; block of foundation.js

I currently have this error using jQuery 1.9.1 but also had it with jQuery 2.0.3.

Has anyone else encountered this and have a solution/suggestion?

Thanks
Kelv

init_lib : function (lib, args) {
      if (this.libs.hasOwnProperty(lib)) {
        this.patch(this.libs[lib]);

if (args && args.hasOwnProperty(lib)) {
          return this.libs[lib].init.apply(this.libs[lib], [this.scope, args[lib]]);
        }

return this.libs[lib].init.apply(this.libs[lib], args);
      }

ie8Foundation 5drop down

Hi All

Although I am aware that IE8 is not officially supported in Foundation 5, we have a large user base that come to our site in IE8.

I have seen that others have posted that switching to jQuery 1.x works for them (tried both jQuery 1.11.0 and jQuery 1.9.1), but I am still seeing issues with the f-dropdown (as in it doesn't work at all).

On (I'm assuming) init I get an error in IE8:

Line: 221
Char: 9
Code: 0
URI: http:/blah.blah.com/foundation.min.js

This is the last return statement in the init_lib function within the window.Foundation = {}; block of foundation.js

I currently have this error using jQuery 1.9.1 but also had it with jQuery 2.0.3.

Has anyone else encountered this and have a solution/suggestion?

Thanks
Kelv

init_lib : function (lib, args) {
      if (this.libs.hasOwnProperty(lib)) {
        this.patch(this.libs[lib]);

if (args && args.hasOwnProperty(lib)) {
          return this.libs[lib].init.apply(this.libs[lib], [this.scope, args[lib]]);
        }

return this.libs[lib].init.apply(this.libs[lib], args);
      }

Ryan Burnett over 5 years ago

Have you tried this with Foundation 4? If so, do you still get this error?

Alexander Assimidis over 5 years ago

Try it with Foundation 5 and put this Code in ur header.

<!--[if lt IE 9]>
  <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.6.2/html5shiv.js"></script>
  <script src="//s3.amazonaws.com/nwapi/nwmatcher/nwmatcher-1.2.5-min.js"></script>
  <script src="//html5base.googlecode.com/svn-history/r38/trunk/js/selectivizr-1.0.3b.js"></script>
  <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/respond.js/1.1.0/respond.min.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

If this answer was helpful pls click the button down