Menu icon Foundation
6.2.4 to 6.5 Foundation Update

I do my own website development and when I went to 6.2 sass version it was quite a learning experience as I didn't know SASS, NPM, GULP, Bower, etc... But I got it all running and it is great. There hasn't been anything in the newer versions that made me want to migrate to a newer version but now there is. 

So that said I would appreciate some help. I know I can update Foundation on my computer by changing some of project requirements and running some foundation update command (don't remember what it is off the top). I'd of course make a copy of everything before I got started but I'd don't want to break what is working just because I want a few new features and a few fixes. 

Where can I find a list of what I need to do to update foundation? Is there an upgrade guide or anything? If I remember correctly there was some change from 6.2 to 6.3 that required a bit of changes. What I'd really love is a step by step guide on what the process is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Oh and if anyone is listening... is it possible to run a different version of foundation on the server in a dev folder just so I can be sure things are working correctly? 

Thank you for your time and your help.

Lisa

6.2 update 6.5 docs installation guide best practices

I do my own website development and when I went to 6.2 sass version it was quite a learning experience as I didn't know SASS, NPM, GULP, Bower, etc... But I got it all running and it is great. There hasn't been anything in the newer versions that made me want to migrate to a newer version but now there is. 

So that said I would appreciate some help. I know I can update Foundation on my computer by changing some of project requirements and running some foundation update command (don't remember what it is off the top). I'd of course make a copy of everything before I got started but I'd don't want to break what is working just because I want a few new features and a few fixes. 

Where can I find a list of what I need to do to update foundation? Is there an upgrade guide or anything? If I remember correctly there was some change from 6.2 to 6.3 that required a bit of changes. What I'd really love is a step by step guide on what the process is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Oh and if anyone is listening... is it possible to run a different version of foundation on the server in a dev folder just so I can be sure things are working correctly? 

Thank you for your time and your help.

Lisa