Menu icon Foundation
How to deploy SASS based CSS?

I installed the components of the SASS based CSS creation on my desktop and I modified the CSS the way I like it through SASS config file.  I then ran "foundation build" which generated app.css file in the /dist/assets/css directory.  How do I now apply this css in my production site?  Putting it into css folder of my production site and referencing it in HTML didn't seem to change any styling.

Perhaps more generally... The SASS method is what Zurb uses to create custom pages for clients. And I understand that the client receives everything in the dist directory.  Is there documentation about what is supposed to happen with this directory to put the custom css into production?

Thanks!

Sasscsszurb

I installed the components of the SASS based CSS creation on my desktop and I modified the CSS the way I like it through SASS config file.  I then ran "foundation build" which generated app.css file in the /dist/assets/css directory.  How do I now apply this css in my production site?  Putting it into css folder of my production site and referencing it in HTML didn't seem to change any styling.

Perhaps more generally... The SASS method is what Zurb uses to create custom pages for clients. And I understand that the client receives everything in the dist directory.  Is there documentation about what is supposed to happen with this directory to put the custom css into production?

Thanks!

Tonu Mikk 11 days ago

Thanks for the link.  It doesn't answer my question.  When you issue foundation build command in SASS solution it creates an app.css file and other files.  What is supposed to happen with these files to make them apply in the production site?

Rafi Benkual 7 days ago

The link above shows you how to host the code on GitHub pages. Any other provider works much the same way. The HTML and CSS in the dist folder are compiled assets. They can be loaded as a zip file to your provider.