Menu icon Foundation
Foundation Watch / Error: EISDIR:

F6.5 

Trying the latest Foundation for a new Sass site. All works as usual. All set up, I run Foundation Watch in my, literally named "site" folder and everything runs as expected. I update files, it auto saves. I'm unfamiliar with the browsersync and have no desire to use it at this time. Once I change index.html to index.php, it doesn't work anyway. I'm just working on files and uploading to view.

Once I upload nodes_modules folder, the problems start. Dreamweaver pops up a window that says it can't access dwsync.xml. I believe this is something to do with Dreamweaver syncing files to the server but I'm working manually. Checked at Adobe about this, I'm not sure.

At this time, if I run Foundation watch, I get: 

[09:33:31] Error: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, read
    at Error (native)
    at Object.fs.readSync (fs.js:732:19)
    at tryReadSync (fs.js:487:20)
    at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:535:19)
    at E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:170:20
    at Array.reduce (native)
    at E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:167:32
    at Array.reduce (native)
    at createInlineTemplates (E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:166:18)
    at EasyExtender.templates (E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:141:35)
[09:33:31] 'default' errored after 1.51 s
Error: foundation-sites-template@1.0.0 start: `gulp`
Exit status 1
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\lifecycle.js:217:16)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\spawn.js:24:14)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:891:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)

Reading through that, I determined it was something to do with browser sync. Googling around a bit, I was reading that NPM believes a file is a directory or a directory is a file...   I decided i would try to eliminate browser sync to move forward since I'm not using it. I deleted all references to it in the gulp file. Now Foundation Watch starts as expected and everything appears to work.

Can someone tell me what's happening here? I'm not sure that I handled it the best way, I'm stumbling through this. I fear I may be causing other problems or future problems. I just want to edit files locally and upload them to my site and view them in the browser. I know a local server would be fantastic but I just want to understand what's happening and get set up properly for this current workflow. This is all new to the latest F6. I've never seen it even try to launch the browser before. Any idea what these errors are, what caused them, and how to fix?       

F6browsersyncgulpwatcherror

F6.5 

Trying the latest Foundation for a new Sass site. All works as usual. All set up, I run Foundation Watch in my, literally named "site" folder and everything runs as expected. I update files, it auto saves. I'm unfamiliar with the browsersync and have no desire to use it at this time. Once I change index.html to index.php, it doesn't work anyway. I'm just working on files and uploading to view.

Once I upload nodes_modules folder, the problems start. Dreamweaver pops up a window that says it can't access dwsync.xml. I believe this is something to do with Dreamweaver syncing files to the server but I'm working manually. Checked at Adobe about this, I'm not sure.

At this time, if I run Foundation watch, I get: 

[09:33:31] Error: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, read
    at Error (native)
    at Object.fs.readSync (fs.js:732:19)
    at tryReadSync (fs.js:487:20)
    at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:535:19)
    at E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:170:20
    at Array.reduce (native)
    at E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:167:32
    at Array.reduce (native)
    at createInlineTemplates (E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:166:18)
    at EasyExtender.templates (E:\websites\picca2\site\node_modules\browser-sync\node_modules\browser-sync-ui\lib\hooks.js:141:35)
[09:33:31] 'default' errored after 1.51 s
Error: foundation-sites-template@1.0.0 start: `gulp`
Exit status 1
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\lifecycle.js:217:16)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\foundation-cli\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\spawn.js:24:14)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:891:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)

Reading through that, I determined it was something to do with browser sync. Googling around a bit, I was reading that NPM believes a file is a directory or a directory is a file...   I decided i would try to eliminate browser sync to move forward since I'm not using it. I deleted all references to it in the gulp file. Now Foundation Watch starts as expected and everything appears to work.

Can someone tell me what's happening here? I'm not sure that I handled it the best way, I'm stumbling through this. I fear I may be causing other problems or future problems. I just want to edit files locally and upload them to my site and view them in the browser. I know a local server would be fantastic but I just want to understand what's happening and get set up properly for this current workflow. This is all new to the latest F6. I've never seen it even try to launch the browser before. Any idea what these errors are, what caused them, and how to fix?