Menu icon Foundation
Switch from ZURB to plain Sites

Hey all,

I want to switch a project from the Foundation ZURB template to the basic Foundation Sites installation. Is there anything particular I should consider in such a transation? Should I be able to reuse my settings and app.scss more or less as-is? Obviously I'd need to set up my own build process.

Some more background:

The reason is that I started making a static site with Foundation ZURB, then I basically moved my template code and implemented it with Craft, so I'm not using the Panini output anymore. Basically I've just set it to pipe the .css and .js files to a Craft project living alongside the old Foundation project.

As I've now upgraded my Craft project from v2=>v3, I'd like to clean up my build setup as well, and have installed a new Foundation Sites (non-ZURB) inside my Craft 3 project. So far I haven't made any changes to the SASS/JS, and I have set up a build process with Laravel-Mix instead of Gulp.

Now it's time to start trying to get my existing custom CSS/JS (as well as Foundation settings) over to the new project, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any pitfalls.

zurb to sitesmigrate project

Hey all,

I want to switch a project from the Foundation ZURB template to the basic Foundation Sites installation. Is there anything particular I should consider in such a transation? Should I be able to reuse my settings and app.scss more or less as-is? Obviously I'd need to set up my own build process.

Some more background:

The reason is that I started making a static site with Foundation ZURB, then I basically moved my template code and implemented it with Craft, so I'm not using the Panini output anymore. Basically I've just set it to pipe the .css and .js files to a Craft project living alongside the old Foundation project.

As I've now upgraded my Craft project from v2=>v3, I'd like to clean up my build setup as well, and have installed a new Foundation Sites (non-ZURB) inside my Craft 3 project. So far I haven't made any changes to the SASS/JS, and I have set up a build process with Laravel-Mix instead of Gulp.

Now it's time to start trying to get my existing custom CSS/JS (as well as Foundation settings) over to the new project, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any pitfalls.

Rafi Benkual 4 months ago

Any handlebars code will not work (unless you add the dependency)
Otherwise the SCSS, JS is the same