Menu icon Foundation
Can't compile previous sites with fresh install of Foundation 6?

I installed foundation 6 on my desktop iMac about 18 months ago, and have built many projects with that install using "foundation new" in terminal. A few months ago, I purchased a new MacBook laptop and installed foundation 6 on it as well. My problem is, when I mirror site on my laptop for any sites created with Foundation on my desktop (an older install), I cannot compile using "foundation watch" on my laptop. I get the errors below.

I could upgrade everything on the desktop to the latest npm, foundation, etc., but I'm paranoid I'll be unable to recompile any of the dozens of sites I've created over the past 18 months if I do that.

How can I fix this?

Justins5MacBook:advent justin$ foundation watch

> [email protected] start /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/sites/advent
> gulp

gulp[4038]: ../src/node_contextify.cc:635:static void node::contextify::ContextifyScript::New(const FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value> &): Assertion `args[1]->IsString()' failed.
 1: 0x100037ddb node::Abort() [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 2: 0x100036fb1 node::MakeCallback(v8::Isolate*, v8::Local<v8::Object>, char const*, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*, node::async_context) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 3: 0x1000596e8 node::contextify::ContextifyScript::New(v8::FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value> const&) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 4: 0x1001ee382 v8::internal::FunctionCallbackArguments::Call(v8::internal::CallHandlerInfo*) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 5: 0x1001ed67c v8::internal::MaybeHandle<v8::internal::Object> v8::internal::(anonymous namespace)::HandleApiCallHelper<true>(v8::internal::Isolate*, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::HeapObject>, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::HeapObject>, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::FunctionTemplateInfo>, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::Object>, v8::internal::BuiltinArguments) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]

upgradecompilingfail

I installed foundation 6 on my desktop iMac about 18 months ago, and have built many projects with that install using "foundation new" in terminal. A few months ago, I purchased a new MacBook laptop and installed foundation 6 on it as well. My problem is, when I mirror site on my laptop for any sites created with Foundation on my desktop (an older install), I cannot compile using "foundation watch" on my laptop. I get the errors below.

I could upgrade everything on the desktop to the latest npm, foundation, etc., but I'm paranoid I'll be unable to recompile any of the dozens of sites I've created over the past 18 months if I do that.

How can I fix this?

Justins5MacBook:advent justin$ foundation watch

> [email protected] start /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/sites/advent
> gulp

gulp[4038]: ../src/node_contextify.cc:635:static void node::contextify::ContextifyScript::New(const FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value> &): Assertion `args[1]->IsString()' failed.
 1: 0x100037ddb node::Abort() [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 2: 0x100036fb1 node::MakeCallback(v8::Isolate*, v8::Local<v8::Object>, char const*, int, v8::Local<v8::Value>*, node::async_context) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 3: 0x1000596e8 node::contextify::ContextifyScript::New(v8::FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value> const&) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 4: 0x1001ee382 v8::internal::FunctionCallbackArguments::Call(v8::internal::CallHandlerInfo*) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
 5: 0x1001ed67c v8::internal::MaybeHandle<v8::internal::Object> v8::internal::(anonymous namespace)::HandleApiCallHelper<true>(v8::internal::Isolate*, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::HeapObject>, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::HeapObject>, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::FunctionTemplateInfo>, v8::internal::Handle<v8::internal::Object>, v8::internal::BuiltinArguments) [/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.7.0/bin/node]
Rafi Benkual over 1 year ago

Try deleting your node_modules folder, then run npm install

Once all is installed, run npm start

Justin Graber over 1 year ago

Forgive me for my ignorance here but I'm mostly a front-end designer unaware of the 'magic' of how this all works. Searching brings up what appears to be hundreds of "node_modules" folders, mostly in individual projects from what i can tell. I'm assuming you mean some master copy somewhere, but I'm unsure of where to find it.

Rafi Benkual over 1 year ago

Delete the whole folder - npm install will rebuild it fresh and hopefully clear any errors