Menu icon Foundation
NPM run build not compiling all pages

I'm fairly new to Foundation, been using it several months for websites and and email generators in a dev environment. It's going very well for the most part, except I have a problem when I try to run the build on my email dev site.

I can get the clean install to run with 'npm start', then I can terminate it and run 'npm run build' to generated pages in the production folder that are inlined and spaces removed. I can also get newsletter pages to build correctly into inlined code ready to send.

However, in a separate install I made for generating components that our people will be able to add to email templates, I am unable to run the build. It will run to begin with, but after adding some html code, for example < button > codes, it breaks. 

Note:  Reinstalling the node_modules folder, with 'npm rebuild node-sass', is no help.

So I'm thinking there might be bug in the software when it comes to inling button tags in a sassy manner. (This is something I realized about a week after my original post. That's why I'm updating the post.)

My former question: Do i have to do anything special to make sure my custom pages are 'watched' so the scripts can run them through the build process?  Where can I find a full explanation of how to correctly 'watch' the pages so they get processed?

My new question:

Who do I report the bug to?  Is this the place? 

Many thanks in advance!

BTW, I'm running Foundation in Mac OS 10.13.3. 

NPM   6.1.0

Foundation CLI version 2.2.5

===

Basic Foudation question: Is it okay during development to run the site as 'npm run build' just to ensure the production folder is generating?  Or should I run 'npm start' to do most of the work, then use 'npm run build' when ready to export inlined css etc? 

Another basic question: I realize the Foundation for Emails has a reduced feature set. Is there a concise listing of the permissible css tags that's allowed and not allowed?  For example, I've found that css background gradients don't work.

FYI - These are the errors in the CLI:

npm ERR! [email protected] start: `gulp`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR!

npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start script.

Here's the full error log, which looks almost identical for both a build and a run failure:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ '/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.3.0/bin/node',
1 verbose cli  '/usr/local/bin/npm',
1 verbose cli  'run',
1 verbose cli  'build' ]
2 info using [email protected]
3 info using [email protected]
4 verbose run-script [ 'prebuild', 'build', 'postbuild' ]
5 info lifecycle [email protected]~prebuild: [email protected]
6 info lifecycle [email protected]~build: [email protected]
7 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~build: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
8 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~build: PATH: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin:/Users/MacBookPro/Sites/Email/Foundation-sass/cleanstart2/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/share/npm/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Applications/Dev Desktop/tools
9 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~build: CWD: /Users/MacBookPro/Sites/Email/Foundation-sass/cleanstart2
10 silly lifecycle [email protected]~build: Args: [ '-c', 'gulp --production' ]
11 silly lifecycle [email protected]~build: Returned: code: 1 signal: null
12 info lifecycle [email protected]~build: Failed to exec build script
13 verbose stack Error: [email protected] build: `gulp --production`
13 verbose stack Exit status 1
13 verbose stack at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/index.js:304:16)
13 verbose stack at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:182:13)
13 verbose stack at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/lib/spawn.js:55:14)
13 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)
13 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:961:16)
13 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:248:5)
14 verbose pkgid [email protected]
15 verbose cwd /Users/MacBookPro/Sites/Email/Foundation-sass/cleanstart2
16 verbose Darwin 17.4.0
17 verbose argv "/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.3.0/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "run" "build"
18 verbose node v10.3.0
19 verbose npm v6.1.0
20 error code ELIFECYCLE
21 error errno 1
22 error [email protected] build: `gulp --production`
22 error Exit status 1
23 error Failed at the [email protected] build script.
23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

build fail

I'm fairly new to Foundation, been using it several months for websites and and email generators in a dev environment. It's going very well for the most part, except I have a problem when I try to run the build on my email dev site.

I can get the clean install to run with 'npm start', then I can terminate it and run 'npm run build' to generated pages in the production folder that are inlined and spaces removed. I can also get newsletter pages to build correctly into inlined code ready to send.

However, in a separate install I made for generating components that our people will be able to add to email templates, I am unable to run the build. It will run to begin with, but after adding some html code, for example < button > codes, it breaks. 

Note:  Reinstalling the node_modules folder, with 'npm rebuild node-sass', is no help.

So I'm thinking there might be bug in the software when it comes to inling button tags in a sassy manner. (This is something I realized about a week after my original post. That's why I'm updating the post.)

My former question: Do i have to do anything special to make sure my custom pages are 'watched' so the scripts can run them through the build process?  Where can I find a full explanation of how to correctly 'watch' the pages so they get processed?

My new question:

Who do I report the bug to?  Is this the place? 

Many thanks in advance!

BTW, I'm running Foundation in Mac OS 10.13.3. 

NPM   6.1.0

Foundation CLI version 2.2.5

===

Basic Foudation question: Is it okay during development to run the site as 'npm run build' just to ensure the production folder is generating?  Or should I run 'npm start' to do most of the work, then use 'npm run build' when ready to export inlined css etc? 

Another basic question: I realize the Foundation for Emails has a reduced feature set. Is there a concise listing of the permissible css tags that's allowed and not allowed?  For example, I've found that css background gradients don't work.

FYI - These are the errors in the CLI:

npm ERR! [email protected] start: `gulp`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR!

npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start script.

Here's the full error log, which looks almost identical for both a build and a run failure:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ '/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.3.0/bin/node',
1 verbose cli  '/usr/local/bin/npm',
1 verbose cli  'run',
1 verbose cli  'build' ]
2 info using [email protected]
3 info using [email protected]
4 verbose run-script [ 'prebuild', 'build', 'postbuild' ]
5 info lifecycle [email protected]~prebuild: [email protected]
6 info lifecycle [email protected]~build: [email protected]
7 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~build: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
8 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~build: PATH: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin:/Users/MacBookPro/Sites/Email/Foundation-sass/cleanstart2/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/share/npm/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Applications/Dev Desktop/tools
9 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~build: CWD: /Users/MacBookPro/Sites/Email/Foundation-sass/cleanstart2
10 silly lifecycle [email protected]~build: Args: [ '-c', 'gulp --production' ]
11 silly lifecycle [email protected]~build: Returned: code: 1 signal: null
12 info lifecycle [email protected]~build: Failed to exec build script
13 verbose stack Error: [email protected] build: `gulp --production`
13 verbose stack Exit status 1
13 verbose stack at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/index.js:304:16)
13 verbose stack at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:182:13)
13 verbose stack at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/lib/spawn.js:55:14)
13 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)
13 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:961:16)
13 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:248:5)
14 verbose pkgid [email protected]
15 verbose cwd /Users/MacBookPro/Sites/Email/Foundation-sass/cleanstart2
16 verbose Darwin 17.4.0
17 verbose argv "/usr/local/Cellar/node/10.3.0/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "run" "build"
18 verbose node v10.3.0
19 verbose npm v6.1.0
20 error code ELIFECYCLE
21 error errno 1
22 error [email protected] build: `gulp --production`
22 error Exit status 1
23 error Failed at the [email protected] build script.
23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 1, true ]