Menu icon Foundation
Complier not backwards compatible?

I love the Foundation framework and use it on every project. I do, however,  get totally lost with how it all works in terms of generating files for a new project. I just use the "foundation new" command to create a new project, and "foundation watch" in the folder to get my computer to automatically compile the SCSS and generate the CSS file.

I installed foundation on my desktop mac a little over a year ago. I was just forced to upgrade my laptop, and so I went through what I believe to be the exact same installation process on my laptop to install NPM, etc. and foundation-sites.

My problem is this: the foundation projects I created on my desktop, when I transfer them to the laptop to work on them and enter "foundation watch" to have the system compile the SCSS, I get all sorts of error giberish starting with "gulp[14718]..." and it doesn't appear to compile my SCSS.

I think tried to do the reverse, and take a foundation folder created with the laptop "foundation new" and run "foundation watch" on a copy of that folder I have moved to my desktop. I get a different error starting with "Error: missing binding..." and a suggestion to "npm rebuild node-sass". 

I can only gather that I have an 'older' version of Foundation, gulp etc. on my desktop than my laptop (though I can't figure out how to compare the two). I'm afraid to do the suggested since my laptop won't compile my earlier projects created on my desktop. I have a dozen projects created on my desktop. My fear is if I 'upgrade' (if that's the right terminology for what it's asking me to do with node-sass), I will no longer be able to compile SCSS of my older projects if I need to make changes.

I'm really lost here and hoping someone can educate me a bit on what I'm experiencing here.

Foundationcompilerversions

I love the Foundation framework and use it on every project. I do, however,  get totally lost with how it all works in terms of generating files for a new project. I just use the "foundation new" command to create a new project, and "foundation watch" in the folder to get my computer to automatically compile the SCSS and generate the CSS file.

I installed foundation on my desktop mac a little over a year ago. I was just forced to upgrade my laptop, and so I went through what I believe to be the exact same installation process on my laptop to install NPM, etc. and foundation-sites.

My problem is this: the foundation projects I created on my desktop, when I transfer them to the laptop to work on them and enter "foundation watch" to have the system compile the SCSS, I get all sorts of error giberish starting with "gulp[14718]..." and it doesn't appear to compile my SCSS.

I think tried to do the reverse, and take a foundation folder created with the laptop "foundation new" and run "foundation watch" on a copy of that folder I have moved to my desktop. I get a different error starting with "Error: missing binding..." and a suggestion to "npm rebuild node-sass". 

I can only gather that I have an 'older' version of Foundation, gulp etc. on my desktop than my laptop (though I can't figure out how to compare the two). I'm afraid to do the suggested since my laptop won't compile my earlier projects created on my desktop. I have a dozen projects created on my desktop. My fear is if I 'upgrade' (if that's the right terminology for what it's asking me to do with node-sass), I will no longer be able to compile SCSS of my older projects if I need to make changes.

I'm really lost here and hoping someone can educate me a bit on what I'm experiencing here.