Menu icon Foundation
Multiple CSS from Gulp Compile

Hi! I have a .scss compiling to .css question.

I am using gulp to compile scss files.

My _settings.scss file contains a variable named:

$global-text-direction

It is assigned a value of ltr. ($global-text-direction: ltr;)

I am using if/else statements within my .scss files to evaluate the value of $global-text-direction, and to then assign properties based on a ltr or rtl value.

I want to compile my css files once while $global-text-direction equals ltr. That compiled css file(s) will be my main css. During the same compile, after the first css file(s) has been created, I want to iterate the value of $global-text-direction to equal rtl and then compile separate css file(s) to use for rtl styling. 

The plan is when someone viewing my site adjusts a language setting to a rtl language, I can switch over to the rtl specific stylesheet which has all the same classes just with different values.

Or is there another way to achieve the same result given the same parameters described?

Any help advice or consideration you can give is greatly appreciated!

Corey

gulpcompileLTRrtl

Hi! I have a .scss compiling to .css question.

I am using gulp to compile scss files.

My _settings.scss file contains a variable named:

$global-text-direction

It is assigned a value of ltr. ($global-text-direction: ltr;)

I am using if/else statements within my .scss files to evaluate the value of $global-text-direction, and to then assign properties based on a ltr or rtl value.

I want to compile my css files once while $global-text-direction equals ltr. That compiled css file(s) will be my main css. During the same compile, after the first css file(s) has been created, I want to iterate the value of $global-text-direction to equal rtl and then compile separate css file(s) to use for rtl styling. 

The plan is when someone viewing my site adjusts a language setting to a rtl language, I can switch over to the rtl specific stylesheet which has all the same classes just with different values.

Or is there another way to achieve the same result given the same parameters described?

Any help advice or consideration you can give is greatly appreciated!

Corey