Menu icon Foundation
Milestones for v6.5+?

Are there any target milestones for Zurb Foundation v6.5 and beyond that you can share? Always curious.

v6.5v7x

Are there any target milestones for Zurb Foundation v6.5 and beyond that you can share? Always curious.

Tristan Turpin over 1 year ago

I don't really get it, they don't answer any of those questions.
It's a legitimate question or even concern.

The last actual release was in summer last year.
The last RC version they publish, 6.4.4 has been in RC1 since October. More than 830 commits in it ( usually they make a release every 200 /300 commits on average ).
I asked before if they had troubles and hope they're fine; but no answer :-/ 

I hope the Zurb team is doing great, we really love your products !

Steven Muncy over 1 year ago

I don't really know how development works, if there are hard targets, or if they have to remain flexible. New features often take longer than expected, but may be worth the wait. Also, it must be a nightmare chasing new browser releases. I was just curious.

Tristan Turpin over 1 year ago

In general, and especially when you do open-source, you don't like to be nagged to releases / features too much.
Actually newer browser made things much better in general (standards, ES6 etc)  :D 

But in this case it's a bit worrying - is Foundation still going on ? Do they have issues ? Or are they planning somehting huuuge (and hopefully, get rid of jQuery altogether :p ) ?

I just hope all goes well at Zurb & continue to enjoy this amazing framework.