Menu icon Foundation
[Tabs] Jump to last scrolled position when re-opening tabs

Hey guys..

So, in Foundation Tabs, you always jump to the beginning of the tab content each time you open a tab.

Is there any method so that when you reopen a tab after opening another tab, you jumps to the last position you left in the first tab??

Example:

1. Open the "A" tabs
  2. Scroll halfway down through the content
  3. Open the "B" tabs
  4. Re-open the "A" tabs and jump to the last scrolled position before you open the "B" tabs

Do you guys have any idea how I can accomplish this?

tabsFoundation

Hey guys..

So, in Foundation Tabs, you always jump to the beginning of the tab content each time you open a tab.

Is there any method so that when you reopen a tab after opening another tab, you jumps to the last position you left in the first tab??

Example:

1. Open the "A" tabs
  2. Scroll halfway down through the content
  3. Open the "B" tabs
  4. Re-open the "A" tabs and jump to the last scrolled position before you open the "B" tabs

Do you guys have any idea how I can accomplish this?

Rafi Benkual 7 months ago

Tabs are not meant to be used for super long content, or to swap between pages (in length) of content.

You might try the JS option listed here:

https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/tabs.html#js-options

data-auto-focus

Zulianto Chairul 6 months ago

I thought tabs was supposed to be used as a container for contents?? No? Why limit it to only short content?

Anyway, I found a solution for that by making each tabs have their own independent scroll. It can be achieved with simple css like :

.tabs-panel{
	overflow: auto;
	height: 100vh;
}

But now I have another question. How can I integrate hammer.js with foundation tabs so it can be swiped left/right to open next tabs-panel?

I'm actually trying to build progressive web apps with foundation and laravel, and i want it to feels like native apps by using swipeable tabs.

zmirli nazim 6 months ago

The original issue is for actual query tabs, but it feels like the same issue, really, since it's behaving the same way in the results grid.

see: ShowBox Mobdro Vidmate

Adesanmi Franklyn about 1 month ago

Hey, these links might be really helpful for your research on my mobile and responsive app for your iPhone.

I have a valid experience with them all, You too should have a take in the app national cakes.

TutuApp Modro for Android Showbox TV App Pname com Facebook Orca Gadget wright Save tubes