Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6.x Orbit display bug with Firefox 58

Recently after the upgrade to Firefox 58.0 I noticed a display bug in my Foundation 6.x orbit sliders. First thought it was a bug in my code, I checked the Foundation 6.4 documentation on Zurb website and noticed that the bug was also present. The problem is that when a slide move on the left to make appear the new one, it first show a blank area, then the picture. So, at this moment, all my websites using Foundation 6.x orbit slider stopped working correctly. It seems that previous versions of Foundation are not concerned.

Here is an animated gif of the issue (youtube links make my posts marked as spam):

Animated gif of the issue

I quickly made some tests with several versions of Firefox and here are the results:

FF 57.0 -> no bug

FF 58.0b3 (first beta) -> bug

FF 58.0 -> bug

So, is it a bug in Firefox or a problem in Foundation orbit which is revealed by this release of Firefox ?

I could also post this on Firefox website, but I think that the audience would be less sensible to it than here.

Any suggestions or ideas about this issue ?

Orbitfirefox 58display bug

Recently after the upgrade to Firefox 58.0 I noticed a display bug in my Foundation 6.x orbit sliders. First thought it was a bug in my code, I checked the Foundation 6.4 documentation on Zurb website and noticed that the bug was also present. The problem is that when a slide move on the left to make appear the new one, it first show a blank area, then the picture. So, at this moment, all my websites using Foundation 6.x orbit slider stopped working correctly. It seems that previous versions of Foundation are not concerned.

Here is an animated gif of the issue (youtube links make my posts marked as spam):

Animated gif of the issue

I quickly made some tests with several versions of Firefox and here are the results:

FF 57.0 -> no bug

FF 58.0b3 (first beta) -> bug

FF 58.0 -> bug

So, is it a bug in Firefox or a problem in Foundation orbit which is revealed by this release of Firefox ?

I could also post this on Firefox website, but I think that the audience would be less sensible to it than here.

Any suggestions or ideas about this issue ?

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Alexis Domjan almost 2 years ago

As YouTube videos can't be included I made an animated gif, but it doesn't show the bug very clearly. I can share the link if needed.

Mary Henesey almost 2 years ago

I'm also interested in learning a fix for this.

Alexis Domjan almost 2 years ago

Apparently this is a bug in Mozilla Firefox 58.0. Some people at Mozilla are aware of it.

So I assume any fix is irrelevant. They talk about solving the problem in version 60.0 of Firefox.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1424506

Will mark this issue as resolved.