Menu icon Foundation
Orbit display problem with Firefox 58.0

Recently after the upgrade to Firefox 58.0 I noticed a display bug in my Foundation 6.x orbit sliders. First thought it was a bug in my code, I checked the Foundation 6.4 documentation on Zurb website and noticed that the bug was also present. The problem is that when a slide move on the left to make appear the new one, it first show a blank area, then the picture. So, at this moment, all my websites using Foundation 6.x orbit slider stopped working correctly. It seems that previous versions of Foundation are not concerned.

I quickly made some tests with several versions of Firefox and here are the results:

FF 57.0 -> no bug

FF 58.0b3 (first beta) -> bug

FF 58.0 -> bug

So, is it a bug in Firefox or a problem in Foundation orbit which is revealed by this release of Firefox ?

I could also post this on Firefox website, but I think that the audience would be less sensible to it than here.

Any suggestions or ideas about this issue ?

(I made a screencast of this issue, but as my previous post has been marked as SPAM I avoid to put it again) :-)

Orbitdisplay issueFirefox 58.0

Recently after the upgrade to Firefox 58.0 I noticed a display bug in my Foundation 6.x orbit sliders. First thought it was a bug in my code, I checked the Foundation 6.4 documentation on Zurb website and noticed that the bug was also present. The problem is that when a slide move on the left to make appear the new one, it first show a blank area, then the picture. So, at this moment, all my websites using Foundation 6.x orbit slider stopped working correctly. It seems that previous versions of Foundation are not concerned.

I quickly made some tests with several versions of Firefox and here are the results:

FF 57.0 -> no bug

FF 58.0b3 (first beta) -> bug

FF 58.0 -> bug

So, is it a bug in Firefox or a problem in Foundation orbit which is revealed by this release of Firefox ?

I could also post this on Firefox website, but I think that the audience would be less sensible to it than here.

Any suggestions or ideas about this issue ?

(I made a screencast of this issue, but as my previous post has been marked as SPAM I avoid to put it again) :-)

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Alexis Domjan almost 2 years ago

Here is the bug illustrated in a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-xjjJAWEXw

Alexis Domjan almost 2 years ago

Apparently this is a bug in Mozilla Firefox 58.0. Some people at Mozilla are aware of it.

So I assume any fix is irrelevant. They talk about solving the problem in version 60.0 of Firefox.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1424506

Will mark this issue as resolved.