Menu icon Foundation
Can we use a subfolder using partials?

I have multiple emails per client at least one a month and I have created a number of partials to split the whole email up.

However I have to the following in order to access the partial I need:

src/partials/text-01
src/partials/01-jan/text-02
src/partials/02-jan/text-03

Instead is there a way to be able to use a more logical system like the one below

src/partials/text-01
src/partials/01-jan/text-01
src/partials/02-jan/text-01

so I would use something like {{> 01-jan/text-01}} and access this specific partial. As it stands now I can not do this - I have been told time and again that if I use {{> text-01}} I will get the partial but I would get this src/partials/text-01 not the one I actually want.

I have written this post on here and GitHub both keep getting closed/dismissed.

Any help will be fantastic.

emailsPartialsfolderspanini

I have multiple emails per client at least one a month and I have created a number of partials to split the whole email up.

However I have to the following in order to access the partial I need:

src/partials/text-01
src/partials/01-jan/text-02
src/partials/02-jan/text-03

Instead is there a way to be able to use a more logical system like the one below

src/partials/text-01
src/partials/01-jan/text-01
src/partials/02-jan/text-01

so I would use something like {{> 01-jan/text-01}} and access this specific partial. As it stands now I can not do this - I have been told time and again that if I use {{> text-01}} I will get the partial but I would get this src/partials/text-01 not the one I actually want.

I have written this post on here and GitHub both keep getting closed/dismissed.

Any help will be fantastic.

Rafi Benkual over 1 year ago

you can use a subfolder but without modification you'll need each partial to have a unique name. It is setup to not require file paths though I'm sure there is a way to change that.

Nick Beswick over 1 year ago

Thank you

Yeh this is the issue at current we can't have the same named partial for multiple projects.

Meaning if i wanted to use the same partial in all of a clients emails eg. a full width text box I need to change the name of the partial each time.

It seems logical that we should be able to work with a file structure as this gets rather messy especially if I have multiple full width text boxes in one email.