Menu icon Foundation
Button classes generated by $button-pallete are not prefixed with 'button'

If you're using the Sass version of Foundation, you can customize the button classes by editing the $button-palette map in your settings file. The button palette defaults to $foundation-palette.

It is stated in documentation that we can customize button classes by editing $button-pallete, but what documentation does not touch is that new generated classes will not have 'button' prefix.

For instance if I add purple: #bb00ff to $button-pallet, '.purple' class is generated. But I would 'normally' expect '.button-purple' class to be generated since I am working on the button color palette. 

Is that the default behavior? If it's why loose of context is allowed? Btw I am using Foundation Sites 6.4.1. 

Thanks.

colorbuttonPaletteclasses

If you're using the Sass version of Foundation, you can customize the button classes by editing the $button-palette map in your settings file. The button palette defaults to $foundation-palette.

It is stated in documentation that we can customize button classes by editing $button-pallete, but what documentation does not touch is that new generated classes will not have 'button' prefix.

For instance if I add purple: #bb00ff to $button-pallet, '.purple' class is generated. But I would 'normally' expect '.button-purple' class to be generated since I am working on the button color palette. 

Is that the default behavior? If it's why loose of context is allowed? Btw I am using Foundation Sites 6.4.1. 

Thanks.