Menu icon Foundation
Nested pages with Panini

I have a prototype with dozens of pages. Half of them use one type of layout, another half uses another layout. 

How do I create nested pages? I tried creating subfolders

/src/pages/subfolder/subpage

but 

{{> subfolder/subpage}}

does not work. I can’t use partials, too, because each of these pages needs it’s own url. 

How do I create nested views?

panini

I have a prototype with dozens of pages. Half of them use one type of layout, another half uses another layout. 

How do I create nested pages? I tried creating subfolders

/src/pages/subfolder/subpage

but 

{{> subfolder/subpage}}

does not work. I can’t use partials, too, because each of these pages needs it’s own url. 

How do I create nested views?

Nik Sol 2 months ago

Hello Sven,

I might be wrong, but I think the best solution for you would be to do it like this. Put all your prototype pages here:

/src/partials/sufolder/

After if you just need to keep the content in sync with the content here:

/src/pages/subfolder/

You can either use a software that would always keep these folders in sync (if the content is constantly changed) or you can just copy paste once you finish working on the files.

I am not sure if this is the only solution, but it works.

Bests!

Sven 2 months ago

Hardlink sounds better than copying files, though. Still very hacky solution, though. 

Mabye there’s something in Handlebars.js? 

Negativefix 2 months ago

I don't think I understand the question. Do you want to choose which layout to use for a specific page or pages? 

Sven 2 months ago

Let’s say I have 15 pages that have top bar and 15 pages that have off-canvas menu on the left (public-facing website and app itself). 

How do set up this with Panini? I thought I just create two folders so I can just link into them in my main page template

/src/pages/website/page_n

/src/pages/app/page_n

But it seems Handlebars can’t read all files in a folder.

Negativefix 2 months ago

I would create two layouts;

1. A layout with offcanvas - layouts/default.html
  2. A layout with topbar - layouts/default-w-topbar.html

I would keep pages folder structure flat (I mean you dont need to create subfolders);

1. page A 
  2. page B
  3. page C - lets say this page must use the layout with topbar -  layouts/default-w-topbar.html

In page C and all the other pages that should have topbaradd the following lines at the top of the file;

---
layout: default-w-topbar
---

layout is a page variable that stores the name of the layout to use. In this case all the pages containing the above lines will be using layout with topbar.

Sven about 2 months ago

Thanks a thousand, Negativefix!

My day is saved.

Adam009 about 1 month ago

The Sugar Baby is an individual seeking mentorship, 

financial support, or general companionship under 

the terms of an agreed-upon arrangement. 

http://needsugardaddy.pro