Menu icon Foundation
Best Practices for a Speedy Development Environment

I love foundation. I've been using it on production projects for a couple of years. The runtime is fast, efficient and flexible.

However, the development environment is starting to drive me crazy. I have been using grunt for years. But recently, Grunt chokes on some tasks with SASS and CSSMIN. I know that these are not the scope/responsibility of Foundation. But I'm looking for advice on what to use instead as my precompiler and manager.

My question is this... what do you use?

Gulp?

NPM Watch?

Some mix of tools with webpack?

What I'm looking for is recommendations on a set of tools for the watch/live refresh functionality that doesn't take forever to render SASS.

Thanks for your time!

SassprecompilegulpwebpackGruntlive reload

I love foundation. I've been using it on production projects for a couple of years. The runtime is fast, efficient and flexible.

However, the development environment is starting to drive me crazy. I have been using grunt for years. But recently, Grunt chokes on some tasks with SASS and CSSMIN. I know that these are not the scope/responsibility of Foundation. But I'm looking for advice on what to use instead as my precompiler and manager.

My question is this... what do you use?

Gulp?

NPM Watch?

Some mix of tools with webpack?

What I'm looking for is recommendations on a set of tools for the watch/live refresh functionality that doesn't take forever to render SASS.

Thanks for your time!