Menu icon Foundation
SASS vs CSS download

Hi all

If I download the SASS version of the site to my local computer and customise the look and feel of the site using SASS and SCSS. Can I then upload the site to my server using just the pages, JS and CSS. 

The reason I as ask, is that I am using business catalyst for the hosting and I don't think BC allows/uses SASS, so I will need to upload the site using the simpler CSS download style I usually use, once I have configured the look and feel.

I do like the look of the ease of customisation offered by SASS and would like to practice using it. But I don't want to waste my time if I can't upload it to BC in the end.

Thanks

SasscssBusiness Catalyst

Hi all

If I download the SASS version of the site to my local computer and customise the look and feel of the site using SASS and SCSS. Can I then upload the site to my server using just the pages, JS and CSS. 

The reason I as ask, is that I am using business catalyst for the hosting and I don't think BC allows/uses SASS, so I will need to upload the site using the simpler CSS download style I usually use, once I have configured the look and feel.

I do like the look of the ease of customisation offered by SASS and would like to practice using it. But I don't want to waste my time if I can't upload it to BC in the end.

Thanks

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

Yes, Sass has a pre-processor that compiles to regular CSS every time you save. If are using the ZURB Stack it will be dumped into the dist folder which is you mini static site.