Menu icon Foundation
node-sass + importing foundation SASS from node_modules

Currently, designing a new setup for our SASS, I'm using straight node-sass, essentially from the command line (windows)

the command would be (from the project root) "node-sass ./src/scss/app.scss > ./style/app.css" 

notes:

- Foundation styles were installed in node_modules/foundation sites via "npm install --save-dev foundation-sites".

- Our app.scss would @import the foundation styles from where it lives, as well as our own partials afterward that depend on it.

- we would render everything down to a single .css file that would be included in a <link> tag at the top of our HTML pages.

What I can't seem to figure out is, how to properly reference the foundation scss files in an @import statement in our /src/scss/app.scss file. When I use a relative path to the file (in this case '../../node_modules/foundation-sites/scss/settings/settings' - and about the same for the main Foundation scss file) I either get an error saying that node-sass can't find the Foundation-related SCSS files, or I get ONLY the comment from the top of the main foundation.scss file included in the final output and nothing else, 

/**

* Foundation for Sites by ZURB

* Version 6.4.1

* foundation.zurb.com

* Licensed under MIT Open Source

*/

and then the rest of my imported styles and styles, etc. 

Is there something special I need to do to tell node-sass how to import these files correctly that I'm missing? Note, this isn't part of a Grunt/Gulp/Webpack setup, just separately compiling SASS for the site using node-sass on its own.

node-sassSasssitesnpm

Currently, designing a new setup for our SASS, I'm using straight node-sass, essentially from the command line (windows)

the command would be (from the project root) "node-sass ./src/scss/app.scss > ./style/app.css" 

notes:

- Foundation styles were installed in node_modules/foundation sites via "npm install --save-dev foundation-sites".

- Our app.scss would @import the foundation styles from where it lives, as well as our own partials afterward that depend on it.

- we would render everything down to a single .css file that would be included in a <link> tag at the top of our HTML pages.

What I can't seem to figure out is, how to properly reference the foundation scss files in an @import statement in our /src/scss/app.scss file. When I use a relative path to the file (in this case '../../node_modules/foundation-sites/scss/settings/settings' - and about the same for the main Foundation scss file) I either get an error saying that node-sass can't find the Foundation-related SCSS files, or I get ONLY the comment from the top of the main foundation.scss file included in the final output and nothing else, 

/**

* Foundation for Sites by ZURB

* Version 6.4.1

* foundation.zurb.com

* Licensed under MIT Open Source

*/

and then the rest of my imported styles and styles, etc. 

Is there something special I need to do to tell node-sass how to import these files correctly that I'm missing? Note, this isn't part of a Grunt/Gulp/Webpack setup, just separately compiling SASS for the site using node-sass on its own.