Menu icon Foundation
Webpack incredible slow

Hi, I'm working mostly in a bower / gulp environment with browsersync. Building js, css, with foundation and more or less external libraries and own styles and scripts takes about 1-2 seconds.

With foundation 6.4 I tried building with webpack an webpack-dev-server. And that was a great step backward since rebuildung took about 13 seconds. Tried happypack and fast-sass-loader: 10 seconds instead for 13.

Did anyone make the same experience? Is this the expected behaviour? Because, if it is, I will stick with the gulp :) as long as I could since I don't need the modularity of new JS

webpackSassjsdevelopment

Hi, I'm working mostly in a bower / gulp environment with browsersync. Building js, css, with foundation and more or less external libraries and own styles and scripts takes about 1-2 seconds.

With foundation 6.4 I tried building with webpack an webpack-dev-server. And that was a great step backward since rebuildung took about 13 seconds. Tried happypack and fast-sass-loader: 10 seconds instead for 13.

Did anyone make the same experience? Is this the expected behaviour? Because, if it is, I will stick with the gulp :) as long as I could since I don't need the modularity of new JS

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

I haven't experienced this - much faster than the old way. Has anyone else seen a slow JS compile in 6.4.1?

Erik Oberhausen over 2 years ago

I am seeing slow compilation of js also. The sass is getting complied quickly for me.

Gregor Agnes over 2 years ago

Hey guys, thank you for your feedback. 

In my case it is actually the sass-compilation that takes that long. I will try some more things and let you know if I get to somewhere :)

Zeka over 2 years ago

I also experience slower js compilation with webpack. Js task of blank installation of foundation-zurb-template takes over 6s.

Eric Palakovich Carr over 2 years ago

I'm having the same experience as well.  Upgraded from Foundation 6.3 to 6.4, and now compiling in webpack-dev-server went from acceptably fast to irritatingly sluggish (i.e. 1 second to 8+ seconds).

Gregor Agnes over 2 years ago

Hi again, I didn't find a solution for this although I tried a lot in the past weeks. Giving up and will stick with gulp for the near future.

Andreas Licht over 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a Laravel  (v5.5) project. I pulled foundation-sites via NPM and use laravel-mix to compile my assets. I am also experiencing very slow compilation -> 15sec. and more. Any ideas?