Menu icon Foundation
In need of Advice

I've been put on a web-based React project that is currently at it's midway point. So far there has no front end framework attached to the project—all of the CSS/Sass and HTML has been hand written. I'm contemplating trying to swap out the this home-brew front end for Foundation 6.4. Foundation has been my go to for the past few years, so I would definitely work faster using it. 

So, my questions are: 

• Am I f*ing nuts? 
  • How would I best go about integrating Foundation into an existing project? The development buzz words here are React, Redux, Yarn, and Webpack. 

Any good advice or tutorials that you could point me too would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reactjsapp development

I've been put on a web-based React project that is currently at it's midway point. So far there has no front end framework attached to the project—all of the CSS/Sass and HTML has been hand written. I'm contemplating trying to swap out the this home-brew front end for Foundation 6.4. Foundation has been my go to for the past few years, so I would definitely work faster using it. 

So, my questions are: 

• Am I f*ing nuts? 
  • How would I best go about integrating Foundation into an existing project? The development buzz words here are React, Redux, Yarn, and Webpack. 

Any good advice or tutorials that you could point me too would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rafi Benkual 4 months ago

I guess you'd be f*ing nuts to not use it ;)

But seriously - integrating into an existing project may be a bit more work. 

I know of a React port of Foundation's JS that is a good starting place - at least to see the architecture. https://react.foundation/

The latest release 6.4.1 has switched Foundation to a module bundle dependency system powered by webpack. Also Yarn is a built in option for those moving away from npm.

Matt Bryant 4 months ago

So, we ended up getting Foundation and React+Foundation installed successfully! 

We also found this Stack Overflow post to be helpful in getting WebPack to bundle it with our project.

Now comes the "fun" part...