Menu icon Foundation
How to import a file from the SCSS Components folder

Hi there,

I'm brand new to Foundation and am trying to figure out how and where to create custom scss files that I can then reference in the _settings.scss. Is there a quick tutorial somewhere that covers this? Also, how do I @import a newly created file in the SCSS Components file so those work?

Thanks,

scsscomponentsimport

Hi there,

I'm brand new to Foundation and am trying to figure out how and where to create custom scss files that I can then reference in the _settings.scss. Is there a quick tutorial somewhere that covers this? Also, how do I @import a newly created file in the SCSS Components file so those work?

Thanks,

Rafi Benkual about 2 years ago

You'll create Sass partials in your assets > scss folder, we created a components subfolder there for individual components

Sass partial files start with an _

Then in you app.scss you import them

There are tutorials on this here:

http://foundation.zurb.com/learn/tutorials.html

BTW:  We're running a Foundation training class that covers the ZURB Stack and Sass architecture/best practices. You'l also learn all the new features of 6.4 including the XY Grid Tuesday July 18th. It's a place where you can get your questions answered. Would love to see you in class!

Lyndsay Clark about 2 years ago

Hi Rafi,

Thanks for this. I've just gone through and done that and unfortunately I'm not seeing that custom scss file applied to the class...

Here's screenshots of my version of yours above:

Lyndsay Clark about 2 years ago

Never mind! I got it figured out. Syntax error on my part!

Thanks!