Menu icon Foundation
XY Grid compatibility with Float Grid

Hey Zurbians

I've got an existing project built in 6.3 using Float Grids to lay out the site and it's elements. I want to update to 6.4 and start utilizing the new XY Grid.

Will I have any compatibility issues using both Float Grid and XY Grid in the same project?

xy gridfloat grid6.36.4

Hey Zurbians

I've got an existing project built in 6.3 using Float Grids to lay out the site and it's elements. I want to update to 6.4 and start utilizing the new XY Grid.

Will I have any compatibility issues using both Float Grid and XY Grid in the same project?

Rafi Benkual 8 months ago

Good question - no issues! 

The classnames are different so you can include both grids to help port it over to the new one!

The new XY Grid really flips how grids are though of in a great way. You can do so much more!

We're running an Intro to Foundation class that teaches all the ins and outs of the new XY Grid - it would be awesome to see you there!

http://zurb.com/university/foundation-intro

Dominik Scholz 7 months ago

Hey there,

congratulations to the new XY grid, it really looks awesome and will push Foundation to the next level!

I would like to introduce it into my existing projects right now - but how can I actually use the XY grid besides the float grid within the same project? If I try to create a custom download with both grid types included, I am allowed to select only one kind of grid (there is just a radio input):

http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/#customizeFoundation

Regards from Germany
Dominik

Rafi Benkual 7 months ago

We'll you would have an easier time using the Sass version. Otherwise, you can download the XY Grid alone, then add it to your project foundation.css file.

bonovski 7 days ago

I am using the sass version

For compatibility reasons I absolutely must use the float grid for a part of my project, otherwise I can use the XY grid.

How can both grids be used simultaneously in one project?

bonovski 7 days ago

I think I figured it out, @include foundation-grid did the trick.