Menu icon Foundation
Foundation CLI: bower_components missing

Hello,

I just created a new ZURB Template Project through the Foundation CLI... but after looking in the Project Folder, I have noticed that the bower_components Folder is missing.

I got no errors during creation, and I am able to "foundation watch" the Project, also with no errors... but previously I had been using Bower to install plugins (Adding On To A Great Foundation), so I am just wondering how I go about installing them now if Bower is missing?

See screenshots below.

You can also see that app.js is being emitted...

Thanks,

Matthew

foundation clifoundation 6webpackbower

Hello,

I just created a new ZURB Template Project through the Foundation CLI... but after looking in the Project Folder, I have noticed that the bower_components Folder is missing.

I got no errors during creation, and I am able to "foundation watch" the Project, also with no errors... but previously I had been using Bower to install plugins (Adding On To A Great Foundation), so I am just wondering how I go about installing them now if Bower is missing?

See screenshots below.

You can also see that app.js is being emitted...

Thanks,

Matthew

Rafi Benkual 12 months ago

in 6.4 bower is no longer needed since npm has all the Foundation packages. You can install using npm instead much the same way

Matthew Meaklim 12 months ago

@Rafi Benkual,

Thanks for the response Rafi.

So what you're saying is that instead of, for example, doing bower install typed.js --save, I would do npm install typed.js --save (or --save-dev?)? Then similarly, add the path to the .js file in config.yml?

Thanks,

Matthew