Menu icon Foundation
Foundation CLI: bower_components missing

Hello,

I just created a new ZURB Template Project through the Foundation CLI... but after looking in the Project Folder, I have noticed that the bower_components Folder is missing.

I got no errors during creation, and I am able to "foundation watch" the Project, also with no errors... but previously I had been using Bower to install plugins (Adding On To A Great Foundation), so I am just wondering how I go about installing them now if Bower is missing?

See screenshots below.

You can also see that app.js is being emitted...

Thanks,

Matthew

foundation clifoundation 6webpackbower

Hello,

I just created a new ZURB Template Project through the Foundation CLI... but after looking in the Project Folder, I have noticed that the bower_components Folder is missing.

I got no errors during creation, and I am able to "foundation watch" the Project, also with no errors... but previously I had been using Bower to install plugins (Adding On To A Great Foundation), so I am just wondering how I go about installing them now if Bower is missing?

See screenshots below.

You can also see that app.js is being emitted...

Thanks,

Matthew

Rafi Benkual over 1 year ago

in 6.4 bower is no longer needed since npm has all the Foundation packages. You can install using npm instead much the same way

Matthew Meaklim over 1 year ago

@Rafi Benkual,

Thanks for the response Rafi.

So what you're saying is that instead of, for example, doing bower install typed.js --save, I would do npm install typed.js --save (or --save-dev?)? Then similarly, add the path to the .js file in config.yml?

Thanks,

Matthew