Menu icon Foundation
After installing Foundation 6.4 (npm/SASS), can we still work on 6.3 projects?

On two development machines, I have installed Foundation 6.31 (npm/SASS).

I would really like to give 6.4-rc a spin, but I’m a bit reluctant since I have several F6.3 customer projects to work on. It seems that 6.4 changes a lot of the basics (flex, XY-grid, etc.) and I don’t want to break anything.

Is it still possible (and safe) to use/work on the older 6.x projects after installing a 6.4 foundation-cli?

Is it also possible to "foundation new" a 6.31 project?

foundation 6.4Updatesitescompatibility

On two development machines, I have installed Foundation 6.31 (npm/SASS).

I would really like to give 6.4-rc a spin, but I’m a bit reluctant since I have several F6.3 customer projects to work on. It seems that 6.4 changes a lot of the basics (flex, XY-grid, etc.) and I don’t want to break anything.

Is it still possible (and safe) to use/work on the older 6.x projects after installing a 6.4 foundation-cli?

Is it also possible to "foundation new" a 6.31 project?

Cédric over 2 years ago

I'm also interested for an answer ... 

is it possible to have 2 versions of foundation under the same machine (6.3.1 and 6.4 for example) ? is different installation path is enough ?

Thanks

Cédric over 2 years ago

Hi,

I've made a test ... i uninstalled foundation 6.3.1 from my development machine and fully installed 6.4.1.

I've created a "foundation new" project in 6.4.1 .

Unfortunately, when I copied my files from 6.3.1 project to 6.4.1, my project doesn't work (issues on menu and also for owl.carousel == javasript added module)

Good news, if i launch "foundation watch" under my old 6.3.1 project repository, even  with foundation 6.4.1 installed in my dev machine, my project is still working ... So for the moment I'm going to stay in 6.3.1 rfor production release.

Best regards,

C.