Menu icon Foundation
Docs - improve search function

Hey guys,

love the Framework, but the website structure is a bit confusing. I'm working with Foundation since ~10 months and I think the usability of the page can be improved.

1. Search function: Not that good. If I search for "Flex Align", no results. "vertical-align", no results. And so on. As every of you can guess, I was searching "Flexbox's vertical alignment". I don't need the mixins or anything else, I just need a short way to this spot: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/flex-grid.html#vertical-alignment

2. The side-navigation of the docs can be improved as well. I think the labels of the 1st-level links aren't specific enough. Especially not for newbies. Why don't you unfold all the sections, so everyone can use `cmd-f` to search for the specific keyword, if the search functions isn't working properly? This would be pretty nice.

A doc with a good search function, is for instance Laravel's documentation. The labels of the 1st-level links within the sidebar are well selected and the search function let's you find what you're searching for.

Hope you can see the need for improvements for the docs.

Regards,

PxH

docsFoundation for SitesimprovementSuggestion

Hey guys,

love the Framework, but the website structure is a bit confusing. I'm working with Foundation since ~10 months and I think the usability of the page can be improved.

1. Search function: Not that good. If I search for "Flex Align", no results. "vertical-align", no results. And so on. As every of you can guess, I was searching "Flexbox's vertical alignment". I don't need the mixins or anything else, I just need a short way to this spot: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/flex-grid.html#vertical-alignment

2. The side-navigation of the docs can be improved as well. I think the labels of the 1st-level links aren't specific enough. Especially not for newbies. Why don't you unfold all the sections, so everyone can use `cmd-f` to search for the specific keyword, if the search functions isn't working properly? This would be pretty nice.

A doc with a good search function, is for instance Laravel's documentation. The labels of the 1st-level links within the sidebar are well selected and the search function let's you find what you're searching for.

Hope you can see the need for improvements for the docs.

Regards,

PxH