Menu icon Foundation
SASS version and minify HTML

Hello.

Currently we are using the FOundation framework CSS version. We are struggling a lot with that out emails is getting over 100kb, and I was wondering if there was any advantages using the SASS version of Foudation framework instead?

We have an email there has a size of 121 kb. When I manually minify the HTML the size is 56 kb, which would help us a lot.

Can the SASS version also minify the HTML when the emails are send? Are there any other advantages using the SASS version instead of the CSS version?

Best Regards
Mads

SassSizeadvantagesminify

Hello.

Currently we are using the FOundation framework CSS version. We are struggling a lot with that out emails is getting over 100kb, and I was wondering if there was any advantages using the SASS version of Foudation framework instead?

We have an email there has a size of 121 kb. When I manually minify the HTML the size is 56 kb, which would help us a lot.

Can the SASS version also minify the HTML when the emails are send? Are there any other advantages using the SASS version instead of the CSS version?

Best Regards
Mads

Rafi Benkual about 2 years ago

Yes - the ZURB Stack (Sass version) minifies the inlined HTML and does image optimization.

Here are the features:

• Inky HTML (no more tables!)
  • Sass
  • Handlebars templates
  • BrowserSync
  • Image compression
  • Auto Inlining