Menu icon Foundation
How do I use Foundation properly from Composer

This is a bit of a noob question but I'm trying to figure out best practices.

When I install Foundation via Composer, it adds the package into my vendor directory as per usual.

But now I'm not exactly sure how to work with it from here.

If I ever want to update the package or install the next version, I obviously don't want to edit any files directly from the vendor package because they would get overwritten later.

On the other hand, I want to be able to use SCSS and generate my final CSS files for production. How do I go about this?

Should I just create an assets folder and copy SCSS files out of the vendor folder and use them from there?

If all I'm doing is copying Foundation files out of the vendor folder into my own app folders, then why have Foundation installed via Composer in the first place? I could just as easily copy files I need from a zip file and save the space.

Is there some other tooling that connects the Composer install folders to my own app/site that facilitates being able to do updates to Foundation later but not overwrite my own customizations?

I'm still reading docs and going through tutorials and such, but I wanted to get this workflow answered since it is pretty much holding me up right from the start! How do I actually use it properly when installed via Composer?

Thanks!

installcomposer

This is a bit of a noob question but I'm trying to figure out best practices.

When I install Foundation via Composer, it adds the package into my vendor directory as per usual.

But now I'm not exactly sure how to work with it from here.

If I ever want to update the package or install the next version, I obviously don't want to edit any files directly from the vendor package because they would get overwritten later.

On the other hand, I want to be able to use SCSS and generate my final CSS files for production. How do I go about this?

Should I just create an assets folder and copy SCSS files out of the vendor folder and use them from there?

If all I'm doing is copying Foundation files out of the vendor folder into my own app folders, then why have Foundation installed via Composer in the first place? I could just as easily copy files I need from a zip file and save the space.

Is there some other tooling that connects the Composer install folders to my own app/site that facilitates being able to do updates to Foundation later but not overwrite my own customizations?

I'm still reading docs and going through tutorials and such, but I wanted to get this workflow answered since it is pretty much holding me up right from the start! How do I actually use it properly when installed via Composer?

Thanks!