Menu icon Foundation
How to install foundation kits, bypass the error “You don't appear to be in a ZURB stack project, so we can't automatically install l building blocks”?

I Install the last foundation client and liked to install a kit in my projects. I use Linux Fedora 25, Windows 7, 8 and 10. I always got the same error.

I did:

Foundation new
<and give the new projectname>

cd <projectname>
npm start
foundation kits install dashboard
You don't appear to be in a ZURB stack project, so we can't automatically instal
l building blocks
? Do you want to download as a zip file? No

foundation blocks install app-dashboard-layout

give the same output.

Why foundation don't detect the stack project? I have ruby, gem, node, npm, glup, bower, mongo, yo installed.

program versions: Foundation Cli 2.2.2 Bower 1.8.0 node 6.10.3 npm 3.10.0 mocha 3.4.1

I know that i can unzip the file but i don't understand why foundation don't detect his own fresh created projects.

foundation kit

I Install the last foundation client and liked to install a kit in my projects. I use Linux Fedora 25, Windows 7, 8 and 10. I always got the same error.

I did:

Foundation new
<and give the new projectname>

cd <projectname>
npm start
foundation kits install dashboard
You don't appear to be in a ZURB stack project, so we can't automatically instal
l building blocks
? Do you want to download as a zip file? No

foundation blocks install app-dashboard-layout

give the same output.

Why foundation don't detect the stack project? I have ruby, gem, node, npm, glup, bower, mongo, yo installed.

program versions: Foundation Cli 2.2.2 Bower 1.8.0 node 6.10.3 npm 3.10.0 mocha 3.4.1

I know that i can unzip the file but i don't understand why foundation don't detect his own fresh created projects.

Kevin Ball 5 months ago

Hi Pedro,

Sorry you're running into trouble... Can you confirm if you installed the 'ZURB template' or the 'basic template'? Currently the CLI looks for the ZURB template only...

The basic template doesn't come with any sort of mechanism for partials, so not sure it makes sense to do an automatic inclusion there.

If you're in the ZURB template, we need to dig a little more to see what's going on... the CLI is looking for the following directories to confirm if it is in the ZURB template:

['src/assets/scss/components', 'src/partials', 'src/assets/js']

Can you check if any or all of those are missing?

Regards,

Kevin

Rafi Benkual 5 months ago

Pedro - did this help?