Menu icon Foundation
Javascript issues using Foundation6

Hello 

I am working on a php website converting it to a mobile friendly website with Zurb foundation 6. I ran into an issue where the javascript for a search form that is the page broke when I added the CSS for foundation. I compared the code and the only difference is the foundation CSS. The Javascript is in the body section, so I am not sure why the search aspect of the page does not work with the changes in layout with CSS. I hope that make sense.

web page: http://www.proto.leelogic.com/directory.php

Any help would be appreciated.

Javascript broke

Hello 

I am working on a php website converting it to a mobile friendly website with Zurb foundation 6. I ran into an issue where the javascript for a search form that is the page broke when I added the CSS for foundation. I compared the code and the only difference is the foundation CSS. The Javascript is in the body section, so I am not sure why the search aspect of the page does not work with the changes in layout with CSS. I hope that make sense.

web page: http://www.proto.leelogic.com/directory.php

Any help would be appreciated.

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

What specifically broke? Is there a class that the JS is using that conflicts with a Foundation class?

Jeff Darst over 2 years ago

Not sure at the moment. this section is an include in a php file called header. So when I put the old code back for the header the search function works, which is in the left side bar. I was working on putting back some of the class and ids from the original code to try and isolate the issue.

So to answer your question you may be right that the javascript is calling a certain class, but it is not obvious as to what class in the java scipt, that is the issue I am having is determining what class.

Daren Barry over 2 years ago

FYI when I viewed source and clicked on <script src="foundation/js/vendor/foundation.topbar.js" type="text/javascript"></script> I got a 404. you also have the non minified version of Foundation and then the minified version of Foundation right after that. You might start there.

Jeff Darst over 2 years ago

Hello Daren,

I saw that and when I went to the folder where it should reside it was not there. I took the script call out and made no difference. thanks for the input.

I have narrowed it down to the javascript making a call to something else, what that is, is to be determined.