Menu icon Foundation
Clarification on Email Compatibility List

Hi there,

On the compatibility list for Foundation Emails I am having trouble understanding a few things.

1. The first column is labeled as "Email Client/Device"; however, browsers are also lumped in on the list.
  2. Does Apple Mail only refer to Apple's client on Mac OS X/MacOS? Or does it include iOS's Mail also? It seems outdated, as both platforms are on version 10.x at this point.
  3. The "Mobile" subheading/row is the most confusing. Android 4.4 is a OS, Gmail App for Android is a Client on an unspecified version of the Android OS, and all the iOS devices are just devices. There is only one true client represented. Are the native mail clients supposed to be inferred here?
  4. Where is the Gmail App for iOS?

I hope you see the list is both outdated and confusing. Clarification or an updated list would be fantastic.

Thank you,

Jason

compatibilityemail

Hi there,

On the compatibility list for Foundation Emails I am having trouble understanding a few things.

1. The first column is labeled as "Email Client/Device"; however, browsers are also lumped in on the list.
  2. Does Apple Mail only refer to Apple's client on Mac OS X/MacOS? Or does it include iOS's Mail also? It seems outdated, as both platforms are on version 10.x at this point.
  3. The "Mobile" subheading/row is the most confusing. Android 4.4 is a OS, Gmail App for Android is a Client on an unspecified version of the Android OS, and all the iOS devices are just devices. There is only one true client represented. Are the native mail clients supposed to be inferred here?
  4. Where is the Gmail App for iOS?

I hope you see the list is both outdated and confusing. Clarification or an updated list would be fantastic.

Thank you,

Jason