Menu icon Foundation
Core Files Configured to fully support PHP

PHP is very commonly used on web pages, and I find it very difficult having to edit the config.yml and gulpfile.babel.js just to have Foundation 6 partially support the use of PHP files and Partials with .php extensions.

I've gone through several forum posts about how to configure these files to have PHP work in general, and at least for now, using partials with php extensions does not get flattened and often foundation watch throws Panini errors about missing partials.

I am requesting that on the next release, PHP support is pre-configured in the config.yml and gulpfile.babel.js, or any other place in core files to ensure we can have a peace of mind and be efficient in creating web sites using PHP where necessary.

Thank you in advance.

php partialsconfig.ymlgulpfile.babel.jsphp support

PHP is very commonly used on web pages, and I find it very difficult having to edit the config.yml and gulpfile.babel.js just to have Foundation 6 partially support the use of PHP files and Partials with .php extensions.

I've gone through several forum posts about how to configure these files to have PHP work in general, and at least for now, using partials with php extensions does not get flattened and often foundation watch throws Panini errors about missing partials.

I am requesting that on the next release, PHP support is pre-configured in the config.yml and gulpfile.babel.js, or any other place in core files to ensure we can have a peace of mind and be efficient in creating web sites using PHP where necessary.

Thank you in advance.

John Lewis over 1 year ago

Yeah I posted the same thing days ago and it fell on deaf ears. Finally got it fully working by using a third party github project template called foundation-php - I suggest you do the same or you will have a very long wait! I very nearly quit using it for this reason. Glad I stuck with it.

This forum doesn't like to help beginners it seems, nor does it manage spam very well.