Menu icon Foundation
Can Off-Canvas Menu appear BETWEEN nav and footer

Hi, 

I'm pretty new here. I've looked around and can't find anything to answer this question.  I would like an off-canvas menu to appear between the nave and footer when it opens - overlaying the main content of course.  When I try the example in the documentation it runs the entire vertical length of (in my case) the left side of the page. If this is possible can you point me to an example. It seems like the off-campus menu gets defined outside of the row/grid divs which makes me think its unlikely this is possible. I hope I'm wrong.

...Dale

off-canvas menubetweennavfooter

Hi, 

I'm pretty new here. I've looked around and can't find anything to answer this question.  I would like an off-canvas menu to appear between the nave and footer when it opens - overlaying the main content of course.  When I try the example in the documentation it runs the entire vertical length of (in my case) the left side of the page. If this is possible can you point me to an example. It seems like the off-campus menu gets defined outside of the row/grid divs which makes me think its unlikely this is possible. I hope I'm wrong.

...Dale

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

Yes you can! The off-canvas positioning depends on the .off-canvas-wrapper. So if your footer and nav are outside of the wrapper it will not push them over.

Example: 

http://codepen.io/rafibomb/pen/pPjqop?editors=1100

Dale Dietrich over 2 years ago

Thanks Rafi

Since my original post above I tentatively came to this conclusion as well, however I haven't been able to make it work. Each time I tried my page blew up. Now that I know it can be done for certain, I'll give it ago again. I'll probably try a small test page before trying to fit it into my primary site. Undoubtedly I forgot a comma somewhere during my tests :)

...Dale