Menu icon Foundation
How can I install Foundation into an existing site?

i have a site built that I want to add Foundation 6 Sass to. I know how to setup new projects with Foundation-cli, but how can I setup into an already existing site?  My folder structure is this:

• craft/ (CMS files)
  • src/ (contains my master.scss, _setting.scss and _custom.scss)
  • --public_html/
  • --public_html/CSS/

i would like to install Foundation 6 Sass on same level as my CMS files (above webroot) and compile into the /public_html/CSS/ folder.  I also need to compile my _custom.scss file after I @import _settings.scss and Foundation.scss.

Can I do this using the Foundation-cli and have it compile everything? I can do it with Prepros, but cli would give me a better way to update correct? How to I use npm to watch all files? 

I have Node.js and Git installed on Windows 10. I have Wamp setup as well for my CMS. I just need basic Foundation Sass without the starter templates correct?

thanks in advance  

installationwindowsexisting sitecms

i have a site built that I want to add Foundation 6 Sass to. I know how to setup new projects with Foundation-cli, but how can I setup into an already existing site?  My folder structure is this:

• craft/ (CMS files)
  • src/ (contains my master.scss, _setting.scss and _custom.scss)
  • --public_html/
  • --public_html/CSS/

i would like to install Foundation 6 Sass on same level as my CMS files (above webroot) and compile into the /public_html/CSS/ folder.  I also need to compile my _custom.scss file after I @import _settings.scss and Foundation.scss.

Can I do this using the Foundation-cli and have it compile everything? I can do it with Prepros, but cli would give me a better way to update correct? How to I use npm to watch all files? 

I have Node.js and Git installed on Windows 10. I have Wamp setup as well for my CMS. I just need basic Foundation Sass without the starter templates correct?

thanks in advance  

Bryan Garrant over 2 years ago

My footer links look like this.  Is this correct?

<script src="/src/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script src="/src/bower_components/what-input/dist/what-input.min.js"></script>

<script src="/src/bower_components/foundation-sites/dist/js/foundation.min.js"></script>

<script>

$(document).foundation();

</script>

So I may have it working using the cli.  I moved my custom.scss file into the scss folder that foundation created which had a app.scss and _settings.scss file in it already.  I updated the app.scss and _settings.scss files as needed and all is working.  The app.scss is compiling all scss files and my custom.scss to the single app.css file. 

When i run `npm update` will it overwrite my custom files in the scss folder?  I had them in another folder outside but they would not compile with `nom start` watch function.

Also I ran `npm build` and it did not do anything I can see.  Do I even need to run it when I am using `npm start`?  

So I see I can import my _settings.scss and _custom.scss in the app.scss file. Looks like a may have to install Foundation in the public_html folder so it compiles to dist folder. If I run "npm update" when a new version comes out will it overwrite my app.scss file? 

Is this how I should set it up?

I would also just need the basic template correct since we server templates through our CMS?

This method is easy but it seems for new sites mostly. How can I adjust it and integrate in my own custom.scss styles file and use npm watch? Just confused how to install into an already existing site and use  

http://foundation.zurb.com/learn/install-foundation-6-sass-on-windows.html