Menu icon Foundation
Build and Default Errored gulp --production

*Sigh* I typed a whole post and it dit not save? ( only the code part ) ... Second attempt.

I'm trying to get a project that 'suddenly' stopt working when I want to build for production to get it working again. I checked my gulp / node and foundation cli versions and all are up to date. I tried to delete the node_modules folder and do a new npm_install. But the error's remain the same everytime. I can do 'foundation watch' fine but as soon as I try to build ( gulp --production) it fails on [build] and [default].

[09:56:53] 'build' errored after 6.88 s
[09:56:53] 'default' errored after 6.88 s
Error: [email protected] build: `gulp --production`
Exit status 1
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/lifecycle.js:217:16)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/spawn.js:24:14)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:852:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:215:5)

build errordefault errorterminalerrorfoundation emailemailproductionnpmnode_moduesnode

*Sigh* I typed a whole post and it dit not save? ( only the code part ) ... Second attempt.

I'm trying to get a project that 'suddenly' stopt working when I want to build for production to get it working again. I checked my gulp / node and foundation cli versions and all are up to date. I tried to delete the node_modules folder and do a new npm_install. But the error's remain the same everytime. I can do 'foundation watch' fine but as soon as I try to build ( gulp --production) it fails on [build] and [default].

[09:56:53] 'build' errored after 6.88 s
[09:56:53] 'default' errored after 6.88 s
Error: [email protected] build: `gulp --production`
Exit status 1
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/lifecycle.js:217:16)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/spawn.js:24:14)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:852:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:215:5)
Tim Wolf over 2 years ago

*bump - update

Just installed a new project still the same errors.

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

Hi Tim - this would be a good one to report on GiThub with the details of the error. With that, we can investigate and resolve. Thanks!

You can try these steps

1. deleting the node_modules folder
  2. run

npm cache clean

3. then

npm i

4. after that's done run it again and let us know

Tim Wolf over 2 years ago

Thx for the replies! I must say for some reason I had trouble finding my post because the previous one i made was marked as spam ( maybe by a bot? ) I would like to tell everyone that the problem has been solved. Due to the large html code that was displaying in my terminal I overlooked an error in the html code. I went through all of it and 1 span tag had a duplicate openening tag like so 

<span <span class="classname"></span>

After correcting the html everything worked fine....

Glad you got it!