Menu icon Foundation
NPM BUILD is not minifying

Hi guys,
Let me start by saying, I am a huge fan.  I have been soaking up every article and tut I can find to become a Foundation expert.
That being said, I am having a huge issue, and it would appear I am not the only one.  It's hard to become an expert if I can't even get the css to minify after running npm build.
Problem:  "NPM BUILD" is not minifying.
Architecture: Windows 10 64bit, Git 2.11.1, Node.js v.6.9.5 (windows installer v for 10 64bit)
Installed Via: Manual Setup & Zurb Template   I have also tried to install Via James Stone instructions 
Solutions attempted: Fresh installations, Deleting everything and Reinstalling Windows (to make sure nothing is conflicting in the registry).
After all is said and done, I am still left with the same issue.  I can create everything beautifully and with ease. However, upon "NPM BUILD" I still don't have minified production files.  BTW I have also noticed that there is a SCSS folder in my dist folder but it is empty?

Please Help!

npm buildis not minifying

Hi guys,
Let me start by saying, I am a huge fan.  I have been soaking up every article and tut I can find to become a Foundation expert.
That being said, I am having a huge issue, and it would appear I am not the only one.  It's hard to become an expert if I can't even get the css to minify after running npm build.
Problem:  "NPM BUILD" is not minifying.
Architecture: Windows 10 64bit, Git 2.11.1, Node.js v.6.9.5 (windows installer v for 10 64bit)
Installed Via: Manual Setup & Zurb Template   I have also tried to install Via James Stone instructions 
Solutions attempted: Fresh installations, Deleting everything and Reinstalling Windows (to make sure nothing is conflicting in the registry).
After all is said and done, I am still left with the same issue.  I can create everything beautifully and with ease. However, upon "NPM BUILD" I still don't have minified production files.  BTW I have also noticed that there is a SCSS folder in my dist folder but it is empty?

Please Help!

Rafi Benkual almost 3 years ago

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the kudos!

The command to build your final assets is npm run build

What's the error that shows when you run that?

Brenden Wing almost 3 years ago

Hi Rafi,

Thank you for the response.  There isn't an error. npm run build runs it just doesn't minify anything. The app file in the dist folder is still long form (not minified).

Please advise.

Thank you

Rafi Benkual almost 3 years ago

In the log, did you see the cssnano process run?