Menu icon Foundation
Orbit slider Play/Pause Functionality

Hey there I am trying to make it possible for you to play/pause the auto play functionality that comes with the orbit slider.

I can target the slider and change the delay timer on the slide but it won't actually take affect. 

For example:

<div id="orbit" data-timer-delay="5000">

*slider information here*

</div>

Javascript:

$('#orbit').attr('data-timer-delay', '200');

So I can go in and change the timer delay but it doesn't do anything. The slide still plays at the same speed.

I have tried:

$('#orbit').foundation('_reset');

Which is listed in the foundation 6 orbit slider docs to reset the slider, but it says that function does not exist. So I don't know what the best way to restart the slider with that new speed.

Looking for any help on this issue.

Thanks

orbit sliderplaypausereset

Hey there I am trying to make it possible for you to play/pause the auto play functionality that comes with the orbit slider.

I can target the slider and change the delay timer on the slide but it won't actually take affect. 

For example:

<div id="orbit" data-timer-delay="5000">

*slider information here*

</div>

Javascript:

$('#orbit').attr('data-timer-delay', '200');

So I can go in and change the timer delay but it doesn't do anything. The slide still plays at the same speed.

I have tried:

$('#orbit').foundation('_reset');

Which is listed in the foundation 6 orbit slider docs to reset the slider, but it says that function does not exist. So I don't know what the best way to restart the slider with that new speed.

Looking for any help on this issue.

Thanks