Menu icon Foundation
Can't upgrade to 6.3 with CLI

Hello. I use the CLI and "Foundation New" to create new sites and Foundation Watch as I use SCSS. Works well.

However, I wanted to play with the new Off Canvas features and when I run Foundation Upgrade on the command line in the proper site folder, I get "Nothng To Update". You're good! But looking in the .bower.json file, I see   "version": "6.2.4"

How can I upgrade to 6.3? I have tried on 2 different site folders and get the same results.

Thank you!

F6upgradingf6.3cliFoundation 6.3

Hello. I use the CLI and "Foundation New" to create new sites and Foundation Watch as I use SCSS. Works well.

However, I wanted to play with the new Off Canvas features and when I run Foundation Upgrade on the command line in the proper site folder, I get "Nothng To Update". You're good! But looking in the .bower.json file, I see   "version": "6.2.4"

How can I upgrade to 6.3? I have tried on 2 different site folders and get the same results.

Thank you!

Philip King over 2 years ago

Hi Tony, I think you posted about this before on another thread but the thread vanished before I could reply.

In your `bower.json` file you need to edit the version number to the version you want, then run `foundation update` (not upgrade, as you say in your post). so edit it to read ~6.3.0 (the ~ means any patch version of 6.3, e.g. 6.3.1)

However, what I found is that once Foundation was updated I also had to make some minor edits to config.yml and the gulpfile.

What I did was to install a clean version of the 6.3 zurb template so I had some boxfresh files to compare.

Tonybyte over 2 years ago

Yes, I believe another user deleted their post I responded on. I appreciate your attempt to help.

Yes, I meant Update. Thanks, i will try this!

Also, I am starting 2 new projects. I can start from scratch with a 6.3 install instead of an update? How do I do that?

jinch over 2 years ago

I believe that was my post you responded to and I don't know why the thread was removed!? For some reason I think foundation Spam bot has gone postal and has been destroying legit threads?

Anyway... I believe in order to start a clean Foundation 6.3 project is relatively straight forward from the terminal.

From the terminal type:
1. "cd desktop"
- this will designate the area you will save the project folder.

2. "foundation new"
- this will prompt the type of Foundation project you want to create / Sites / Apps or Email.

3. Name the project folder and select basic template

You should be good to roll after that.

Tonybyte over 2 years ago

Yes. Yes. Sorry about that. A new install is working fine for me now. The bower.json says 6.3

I'm understanding you guys now. I can take this 6.3 new install and make comparisons to edit any 6.3 updates I have made to make them complete. :) The ~6.3 bower.json file edit was the trick for updating! Thanks to both of you!

Philip King over 2 years ago

Good you're on track.