Menu icon Foundation
How to fire up pages with panini (ie: how to see new pages on browser?)

Hello - I hope this question will not sound too stupid, because it's probable that I'm not working with Handlebars/Panini in a proper manner...

Till now, I have worked with the "pages/index.html" file designing and testing stuff, using partials etc.

Now I'd like to move on and I've created a new page (say "page.html"). So now I have the page.html file in the "pages" folder. The file include Front Matter header, as follow:

---

title: page

layout: default

---

How can I "watch" this new page on the browser?

The URL is always "localhost:8000/"?

I tried searching the web and the Foundation Forum but probably this is a 'taken for granted' issue (but not for me)

Thanks

Paolo

paninipages

Hello - I hope this question will not sound too stupid, because it's probable that I'm not working with Handlebars/Panini in a proper manner...

Till now, I have worked with the "pages/index.html" file designing and testing stuff, using partials etc.

Now I'd like to move on and I've created a new page (say "page.html"). So now I have the page.html file in the "pages" folder. The file include Front Matter header, as follow:

---

title: page

layout: default

---

How can I "watch" this new page on the browser?

The URL is always "localhost:8000/"?

I tried searching the web and the Foundation Forum but probably this is a 'taken for granted' issue (but not for me)

Thanks

Paolo

Rafi Benkual almost 3 years ago

Your main page is (index.html) is always the root http://localhost:8000/

You can get the new page by appending the page name after it 

http://localhost:8000/page.html

Also, you don't need to specify the layout if it is default - only if it is not default

Paolo Sax almost 3 years ago

Hello Rafi, hi and thanks for your quick reply!

You know what? Actually before posting this thread I tried this many time (that is appending the page name after the localhost:etc...) but it was not working.

And now it work!

Evidently I should have to check better and proceed more slowly or whatever...

Thank you mate and sorry to bother...

Ciao

Paolo