Menu icon Foundation
Problem with Foundation New

I have a problem trying to create a new project using the command "Foundation New"

It goes through the steps but hangs during the installation of bower-components. I can exit the batch files but I'm then missing the whole bower_components folder.

I've seen previous posts (but almost 2 years old) saying that you need a good internet connection etc etc. I have all that  - its a npm, bower or foundation problem

I hope someone has a fix as I'm totally baffled

GD

Foundation new probleminstallation hanging

I have a problem trying to create a new project using the command "Foundation New"

It goes through the steps but hangs during the installation of bower-components. I can exit the batch files but I'm then missing the whole bower_components folder.

I've seen previous posts (but almost 2 years old) saying that you need a good internet connection etc etc. I have all that  - its a npm, bower or foundation problem

I hope someone has a fix as I'm totally baffled

GD

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

If you use "sudo" for any of your commands - bower will not install. If you don't have some permissions set on your machine it could happen.

You can cd into the project and manually run bower i

Graham Dunsby over 2 years ago

I am on a windows machine so i don't use sudo

The last couple of lines before freezing arse: -

└── [email protected] ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], glob

@7.1.1, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

.2, [email protected])

Pressing Contol-C terminates the process (it doesn't matter if I press Y or N)

typing Bower I at this point does nothing (straight back to command prompt)

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

Hmm, not familiar with Windows but this video was made for Windows installs and has helped many people: http://foundation.zurb.com/learn/install-foundation-6-sass-on-windows.html