Menu icon Foundation
How to export local offline website to pdf

Hi,

I need to export my entire dist folder of Foundations Sites project as a interactive pdf. One in which the links all work, mp4 videos ect. Adobe acrobat will do this for a website with a url but my project is local on my computer and has no url. Any ideas? I tested out Adobe Acrobat Pro DC but it doesn't see to maintain formatting when flexbox is used and doesn't add the videos.

Thank you!

foundation sitespfd

Hi,

I need to export my entire dist folder of Foundations Sites project as a interactive pdf. One in which the links all work, mp4 videos ect. Adobe acrobat will do this for a website with a url but my project is local on my computer and has no url. Any ideas? I tested out Adobe Acrobat Pro DC but it doesn't see to maintain formatting when flexbox is used and doesn't add the videos.

Thank you!

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

I've never heard of this - what do you do with the PDF's?

You could upload the dist folder a hosting server to get a url or maybe you can use the local url generated by browsersync

RCD over 2 years ago

Hey Rafi,

So that it can be sent as a contained package to employees on a needed basis. The person would open the pdf and navigate through the info like the website. Tried Acrobat, it does ok but it cant process flexbox properly and changes the site as well as a few other glitches.

The other idea I had was giving them assess to the dist folder. I dont know of a way to do this elegantly for the user as the site will never have a url and is a project stored on a drive. I would like for them to click and icon and the site would open (if pdf wont work). Open to any suggestions you may have. 

Thank you!

RCD over 2 years ago

I am thinking of giving the employees access to the dist folder and they can click on index.html to use the site but, like I said, it isnt very elegant or my ideal solution.